From the article: Best of Spain
What's your very favorite thing about Spain? Is it a particular dish, a town at a certain time of year? Be specific! Let everyone know what you think is the best thing about Spain. Share Your View
- Barcelona city of Spain is the best place to visit in summer
- —Guest Arran safari
- Pls go to spain with an appetite and forget the diet...tapas are do die for!
- —Guest Shweta
The best thing about Spain
- Marbella. Has a micro climate and is good weather all year round. It also has estudio 61 - a great art studio where you can learn to paint
- —Guest Caroline Hulse
- Going to Spain has to be about the food and the wine - the home of tapas. I drool at the thought. Haven't been yet but hope to go soon.
- —Guest FarAwayTraveler
Best of Spain
- Spain is an incredible country with much to see and appreciate, but my overall recommendation for the best of Spain is the province of Andalucia...fantastic beaches, beautiful Sierra Nevada, history that includes the Moorish/Moslem years of domination and subsequent reconquest under Ferdinand and Isabella, the birth of the New World from Granada, cosmopolitan centers like Cordoba and Seville, miles and miles of rolling hills filled with olive groves and enchanting villages, coastal resorts from Almeria, Malaga and Marbella on the Mediterranean to Cadiz on the Atlantic side of Gibraltar, the flamenco heritage of Jerez de la Frontera and Seville, the exquisite cathedrals of Cordoba (the Mezquita), Cadiz, Granada and Seville, the Alhambra of Granada, incredible culinary delights such as Serrano Ham, incredibly friendly and helpful people with a deep pride in their Andalucia. To spend a month in Andalucia would not be enough to know it well.