So what could you do? You could try writing to Ryanair. Or you could share your experiences with Ryanair below so that other travelers can be aware of what happened to you.
- I am 17 years old and on was on my first flight alone to visit my Grandmother in Rome. At the boarding gate they told me I had to put my 'bum bag' into my case as I was only allowed one piece of hand luggage or I would have to pay £60. I was told to stand to the side with half of the other people on the flight. They then closed the gate and didn't let anybody that hadn't paid the extra £60 on to the flight, many people then missed the flight. They are the rudest, most unprofessional extortionists that I have ever met and I will NEVER fly with them again as it works out more expensive when you add all the extras in. I've now re-booked with Monarch Airlines for the same price and received a polite, professional service.
- —Guest Grace
WILL NEVER EVER BOOK AGAIN..RIP OFF
- This Airline is pure add ons and needs regulating, we have just used them for the 1st and last time. Alicante check in staff rude, overcharged us on excess baggage we pre paid for. allow hand luggage up to 10k so now everyman and his dog take such yet I had no hand luggage whatsoever and was 2k over on my 15k pre booked case...its beyond reasonable intelligence to negate such wight and common sense, so now (NOW) empty hold, but FULL overhead storage bins! yet same weight overall? We ALSO paid of leg room, only to find if you wait till last to board and any leg room seats are free..YOU DONT PAY, You just go and sit on the free leg room seats, Oleary you are a greedy silly little jumped up Irishman, clueless at retaining customers, all how to get more money per head. yes great business, but your loyalty base is zero, WE WILL NEVER FLY WITH RYANAIR AGAIN THE RETURN LEG RUINED OUR SHORT STAY AWAY.... G R E E D !
- —Guest steve mccrory
- a recent journey undertaken on behalf of a uk company became a nightmare due to undertaffing at stanstead when only four staff were on attendance to check in 9 flights with one staff member leaving to man the departure gate. people missed flights and had to rebook, luggage was misinterpreted and security was swamped . one member of security staff acyually said that the main airlines will not consider stanstead due to its association with the incompetant ryan air. just for information , the slamming of an ircraft onto the tarmac which many contributors claim is bad piloting must have saved robbing air fortunes since prematurely worn tyres are replaced free of charge.
- —Guest mick oughton
Lost Identity Card
- Unfortunately we got robbed and my wifes identity card, drivers license and everything else which was in the wallet was lost. We reported this to the police and got an official document about that incident. Now as though this all is annoying enough Ryanair has nothing else to do as making things worse. Even if we had an official document from the police Ryanair refused to take our flight. They insist on an identity card. After a long discussion with the inflexible and unfriendly persons from Ryanair we had to resign and booked a one way flight back to Germany at Air Berlin. And they had absolutely no problem with the missing identity card. They just took on that flight within the Schengen area. And they told us that this is absolutely usual in such a situation and it is no problem at all. There is no reason for any airline to refuse taking the flight. Thanks to Ryanair we had a 15-hour stay at the airport and we had additional costs of 470 € for the flight back with a better airl
- —Guest Klaus Sponagel
- Rental agreement 511896523 I have not given any feedback yet so I would like to mention something that I found quite disturbing. When we arrived to collect the car we were told that a full tank (€54) was mandatory and it was a condition of Ryanair. I stated that I did not want a full tank as I would not be using the car that much. Hertz rental then told me that if I did not pay for the fuel I could not have the car. Hertz had already debited my account for the rental several weeks ago so I was "over a barrel". I found this to be sharp practice as it was never clearly stated that this was the case when I made the booking, if it was clearly stated then I would not have chosen Hertz. I returned the car with over half a tank of unused fuel. Do I presume you are now going to charge the next customer for a full tank again? I travel to europe on holiday 3-4 times a year and always have a rental car and this is the first time anything like this has happened. What is your response please?
- —Guest mike graham
Malaga airport- be aware
- Same as on other people havd experienced- flew out from Malaga- lady at boarding shouting at people that they were 'forcing' and 'pushing' their bags into the cage. Charged me 60 euros because my bag was 2cm over the top bar of the cage- complete nonsense. When I argued that I had flown out of Birmingham with the same bag and no issues- they replied, 'this is not Birmingham, this is Malaga'. FURIOUS! Will NEVER fly with Ryanair again. Disgusting way to treat people.
- —Guest Benno
Ryanair offers ..........
- .....are just a con. No complaints about cheap flights - you get what you pay for, but why do they have to try to get into other things? e.g. Ryanair credit card with free flights - tried to use the offer 8 times - even out of season - and there are no free flights. Just and advertising con. Complained to Ryanaid who pass the buck to the credit card company - why, its not the credit card company who have the flights, its Ryanair.You have to call Ryanair to book them, you tyr to use a Ryanair e-mailed offer voucher. So not only is the advert a con, they can't even handle a complaint properly. Yhet should stick to what they are good at - cheap flights and nothing else. Anything more is too hard for an amateurish cheap company to be able to cope with.
- —Guest Bob fulford
- Recently took a flight with Ryanair where we paid extra before take off to check in a bag, we arrived and checked in for the outbound flight no problems but when returning to the airport for our return leg were told we needed to pay another €80 to take the case home again! I stated I had paid for the luggage but were told by the staff this was only for one way!!! I have checked since and no where on the website does it need to say you need to pay for each way - only in the small print of the itinerary they send you by email. The attitude of the staff was appauling and safety horrendous - we were told to store our hand luggage under our feet! I would never travel with Ryanair again, if you need a budget airline pay the extra for easyjet - at least you know what you're paying for!
- —Guest Emma1982
- i was at drop off and the person at the desk told me my name on the ticket was my surname twice she tells me i need to get a new ticket for £320 pound but on my paperwork it shows it was correct but know one would lisson so i had to go to the ticket desk to ask a member of Ryanair to ring the airline office i was taken back that i could tell she was not talking to know one but making up what she was saying all she was interested in for me to pay for a new ticket as she smiled and told me to get out of line so she can deal with the next person as i was waiting for the manager the next customer that had the same problam she came over to talk to me about the staff attitude being treated the same way i am a disabled person but Ryanair only think of profit before service when i was in Spain on the way back they didn't have a problem just changed my ticket at no charge it means Spanish side has comon sence uk need training to be nice and to have manners & think about the customer Ryanair cra
- —Guest tony kench
- Never again, awful.. Treated like cattle.. smelly planes, never again
- —Guest mark crook
- I am sick and disabled.I returned from Murcia last night ie 15th April and for the 1st time all disabled passengers had to walk to a seat further down the cabin. Have had an e-mail from them about flights out in July and have been informed that I'll be put in rows 26/27 with no explanation WHY- the walk from the ambi lift [am in a wheelchair] is really more than I can walk safely as it makes me very ill. They said something about new Aviation rules but I can't find anything online. Am very concerned about future flights
- —Guest Moira
280 euro's for ryanairs mistake
- just got back from Salou sat 13/04/13 after trying on a number of accasions to do my online checking befor my travel i couldn't do it error: the details entered don't match the d.o.b for the passengers... so i call ryanair @ 1pound per min priority line to get through to someone telling me try and go through a different internet browser... clearly wasnt listening to what i was saying for 5 mins, then it clicked i got trough to her she says ok ill change the childrens title please wait andtry again.. so i do only to find my sons title is now a ms... nevermind it alloed me to do the online booking and print the boarding pass for the departure, untill it was time to return the same problem accured! :-( after using ten euros worth of internet 5pounds credit all to find out ryanairs office is closed i was again unable to check-in due to the helpful lady only changing the details for part of the journey... which i ended up having to pay 70 euros per person to get home.. no more ryan air 4 m
No added luggage
- Before checking in online I added luggage to my reservation only to discover at the airport it hadn't been added at all resulting in me paying 65 euro instead of 20. Apparently in the maze that is the Ryanair website I had overlooked a tiny box. I am a frequent flyer and used to using their website. I can't believe I would overlook something obvious like confirming any changes to your reservation. So be careful and double check everything.
- —Guest Kim
- Stay away from this company!!! Despite their low-cost flights, are very big crooks...they changed the flight time enough to be in impossibility to catch the connection flight; they have just only one section for complaints, where you should complete a restricted form to words and they didn't respond to this complaints...have no any email address...I never imagined that can make such big impostures. Don't fly with it!
- —Guest Michelle
- Online check in closes a full 4 hr before the flight. I missed the 4 hr deadline by 10 min and had to pay £140 to use the self check in at the airport. Let us hope the credit crunch crunches rob in air.
- —Guest Aida