Ryanair proudly declares that it flies to three Barcelona airports. In truth, the airline flies to Barcelona airport from a limited number of airports as well as Reus and Girona, two cities 100 kilometers outside of Barcelona. This page is about Reus airport.
If flying with Ryanair, you may want to take note of some of the Ryanair Charges you might succumb to.
- Flying to Barcelona with Ryanair
- Which Airports are in Barcelona?
- Girona Airport near Barcelona
- Barcelona Airport
How to Get from Reus Airport to Barcelona
Below is information on how to get from Reus straight to Barcelona. However, if you intend in only visiting Barcelona, Reus is not the best airport to fly to. Plenty of budget airlines fly direct to Barcelona airport, including easyJet.
- From Reus Airport to Barcelona
- There is a transfer from Reus airport to Barcelona which costs around 22€ for a round trip.
- The bus, which is run by Hispano Igualadina, coincides its buses with the flights to Reus airport. If you have a flight, you'll have a bus. If your flight is late, all of the bus's passengers will be later, so it will wait for you (though how long, I cannot say, especially late at night). To double check when the bus is due to leave, check the Hispano Igualadina website (it is in English and it works, a rarity for bus websites in Spain). Get your ticket on the bus, you cannot book in advance. And remember that they will only accept euros.
The bus arrives at Sants station on Carrer Viriat (and leaves from the same place for your bus back to the airport).
- A taxi can be 120€.
- There is also a bus from Reus airport to Reus center.
You can also hire a car directly from Reus airport. Compare Prices on Car Hire from Reus airport
How to Get from Reus Center to Barcelona
- The cheapest and quickest option is the train, but the service is infrequent. The journey takes between 1h30 and 2h30. Check Renfe for timetables and prices.
You can also hire a car from Reus. Compare Prices on Car Hire from Reus
If you want a short stop before you travel on to Barcelona, I recommend Tarragona, which is much better connected than Reus.
Read more about Tarragona.
Why Does Ryanair say Reus is in Barcelona When it Isn't?
Ryanair were kind enough to explain to me why they say Reus is a Barcelona airport when it isn't. Read their response here: Ryanair's Fights to 'Barcelona' or read the full list of Questions to Ryanair
Where is Reus?Reus is 100km to the south-west of Barcelona. The nearest famous city is Tarragona. The coast between Reus and Barcelona is littered with fine beaches.
What to Do in Reus
Not a lot, unless you're looking for beaches. Most people flying in to Reus head straight to Barcelona but a better idea is to spend a night or two in nearby Tarragona. With its Roman ruins and pleasant city center, Tarragona is definitely worth at least a night's stay.
Read more about Tarragona, including what to do there and how to get to Barcelona when you're done.
Where to Stay Near Reus
You will get cheaper accommodation in Tarragona or Barcelona than you will in Reus: Book Hotels in Tarragona
Alternatives to Reus
If your destination is Barcelona and not the beaches around Reus, there's no point really in flying here. There are plenty of flights directly to Barcelona that will be much cheaper than Ryanair, especially when you take into account the baggage fees and the time and cost involved in getting to Barcelona.
Read more about Reus Alternatives.
Who flies to Reus?
The most famous airline to fly to Reus is Ryanair, but several other carriers have flights there too. To find out which airlines currently fly from your home airport to Reus, use the following price comparison site: Compare Prices on Flights to Reus.
Read more on How to Get the Cheapest Fares with Ryanair.
See also: Ryanair Destinations in Spain