- Flying to Barcelona with Ryanair
- Which Airports are in Barcelona?
- Reus Airport near Barcelona
- Barcelona Airport
But rather than heading straight for Barcelona, who not consider a night in Girona? Read about Things to Do in Girona
How to Get from Girona to Barcelona
- From Girona Airport to Barcelona Barcelona Bus is operated by Sagalés and, though it coincides its departures with Ryanair flights, is not operated by Ryanair. This can be a problem if your flight is delayed for some reason. The bus takes you to Estacio d' Autobusos Barcelona Nord, Barcelona's main bus station and takes 1h30m. The Sagales website is only partially in English: click on 'HORARIS' and then all becomes clear!
- From Girona Center to Barcelona For those spending a few days in Girona before going on to Barcelona, there are regular trains to Barcelona throughout the day, despite what you may have read elsewhere. Read more here: Girona to Barcelona.
Accommodation in Girona is cheaper than in Barcelona, so it is worth spending at least one night here, especially if you wish to visit the Dali museum in nearby Figueres.
Hotels in Girona (book direct)
Why Does Ryanair say it Flies to Barcelona When it Doesn't?
Ryanair were kind enough to explain to me why they say Girona is a Barcelona airport when it isn't. Read their response here:
Who else flies to Girona?To find out which airlines currently fly from your home airport to Girona, use the following price comparison site: Compare Prices on Flights to Girona or take a look at this list of Girona Flights.
In light of Ryanair's decision to cancel tickets bought from third party websites, you can no longer search Ryanair flights through this (or any other) price comparison site. To compare Ryanair prices with other airlines, search using the above site and then do a separate search on Ryanair.com. However, be sure to go all the way to the point of purchase as the first price you see is nowhere near the full amount you will pay.
Read more on How to Get the Cheapest Fares with Ryanair.
Where is Girona?Girona is 100km to the north-east of Barcelona, not far from the border with France and good for day trips to Figueres.
What to Do in GironaFor more information on what to do in Girona, see Girona City Guide.
Book Hotels in Girona (book direct)