You can also get to Spain from Gibraltar: Flights to Gibraltar
Flights to SpainSpain is well served by cheap flights from all over Europe, the Americas and Asia. The budget airline market is the most developed, with flights as cheap as 10€ from the UK, Ireland, Germany and Italy in particular. Flights to Spain from outside of Europe mostly arrive in Madrid and Barcelona, with a few in Malaga and Valencia.
Trains to SpainYou can come into Spain by train from Portugal or France, though there are also direct trains (that come through France) from Switzerland and Italy.
- Trains from France to Spain
- Trains from Portugal to Spain
- Trains from Italy & Switzerland to Spain
- Book Trains to Spain (book direct)
- Map of Spain's Rail Network
Rail Passes for Travel in SpainEurail have a number of rail passes aimed at people traveling by train in Spain. Some cater for people just traveling in Spain, others for pairs of countries and some for Europe-wide travel.
Buses to SpainBuses to Spain with Eurolines is another way to travel to Spain. Unfortunately, the Eurolines website is awful and you need to be able to read French to book from the French site and Portuguese to book from the Portuguese site. An alternative is Busabout, a hop-on-hop-off bus service with services all over Europe.
- Bus vs Train Comparison
- Eurolines pan-Europe bus travel (for buses to Spain from Portugal and France)
- Busabout Bus Network
Driving to SpainDriving can be a convenient way to get to Spain and it can save you money, but it isn't always the easiest or cheapest. Check out these links to help you decide if you want to travel to Spain by car:
- Compare Prices on Car Rental in Europe (book direct)
- Should You Rent a Car in Spain?
- Car Sharing in Spain
- Driving in Spain - What You Should Know
- Map of Spain's Major Roads