Question: How Should I Get Around in Spain?
Answer: On this page you will find information about traveling in by Spain by the most common forms of transport. See also:
Traveling by Train in SpainTrains are usually quicker than buses but not always, but they're a lot more expensive and it isn't always possible to travel everywhere by train. Use these links to help you plan your train travel:
- Map of Spanish Train Routes
- Types of Trains in Spain
- Book Trains in Spain (book direct)
- Train Travel in Spain - What You Should Know
- Eurail Passes in Spain
Bus Travel in SpainTraveling by bus in Spain is not generally popular among tourists - but it should be. It's much cheaper and it often isn't much slower - it can even be quicker. The problem is that there are loads of bus companies and no one site that combines all the companies (the one below is the nearest thing).
- Bus vs Train Travel Comparison
- Movelia.es Timetable and booking service for nearly every bus company in Spain
An alternative is to use a hop-on-hop-off bus companies such as Busabout.
Car Rental in SpainHaving access to a car is, of course, a great convenience, but isn't always the most practical and is rarely the cheapest option.
- Compare Prices on Car Rental in Spain
- Should You Rent a Car in Spain?
- Driving in Spain - What You Should Know