Unless you're a regular at fruit-throwing festivals, chances are you've never been to anything like the Tomatina Tomato Fight before. These tips come from my personal experience of the Tomatina Tomato Fight festival, along with additional suggestions from other people who have attended.
Tomatina features in my list of the Best Parties in Spain.
Tickets for Tomatina 2014
Since 2013, the government in Buñol (where Tomatina takes place), has introduced a 10€ entry fee. Read more about Tomatina Tickets.
Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival 2014: Quick Links
- Compare Prices on Hostel Beds and Hotel Rooms in Valencia (book direct)
- Book Train Tickets or Bus Tickets to Valencia (book direct)
- Book a Tomatina Tomato Fight Guided Tour (book direct)
Pictures of the Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival
See pictures from the Tomatina Tomato Fight: Tomatina Pictures
And don't miss the crazy pre-fight event, which involves a ham, a greasy pole and lots of sweaty bodies: Ham Up a Greasy Pole at Tomatina
Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival 2014 For Novices
- The Origins of the Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival
- Timetable of Events at the Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival
Tomatina Festival Dates for 2011, 2012 and 2014
How to Get to the Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival
- Are there any Tomatina Guided Tours?
- What's the Best Way to See the Tomatina Tomato Fight?
- Buses & Trains to Valencia for Tomatina Festival
- Flights for Tomatina Festival (to Valencia and Other Nearby Airports)
- Tomatina Festival Accommodation in Valencia (& Elsewhere)
How to Get From Valencia to Buñol & Back
Preparing for Tomatina Tomato Fight 2014
- What to Wear & Bring to the Tomatina Tomato Fight Festival
- How to Waterproof Your Camera for the Tomatina Festival .
- Tips on Getting the Most out of the Tomatina Tomato Fight