The Bottom Line
- Humorously written - will raise a smile as well as your eyebrows!
- Genuinely informative
- Easy to read A to Z format
- Written by people who have lived in Spain for a long time...
- ... but who haven't forgotten what it is like for a newcomer to the country
- Some aspects of the book will only appeal to people living in Spain
- In The Garlic, by Valerie Collins and Theresa O'Shea
- "Your informative, fun guide to Spain
- Published by Santana Books.
Guide Review - In The Garlic Book Review
With entries ranging from property tax to the Spanish equivalent to the f-word, In The Garlic would make fun reading on the beach, but would be of more use to someone relocating to Spain to live, as it often concerns itself with mundane matters like ordering gas for your house and the Spanish IRS.
Still, if you like to learn more about the country you're visiting than the words for 'yes' and 'no', this book is ideal. Where else are you going to discover that table football was invented by a Spaniard?