See more about the Best of Spain, including Spain's best things to do, food to eat, cities to see and regions to visit.
Tomatina Tomato Fight
When?The Tomatina Tomato Fight takes place on the fourth Wednesday in August.
Where?The battle happens in the small town of Buñol, an hour outside Valencia. See how to get from Valencia to Buñol. See also:
- How to Get from Madrid to Valencia
- How to Get from Barcelona to Valencia
- Book Train Tickets in Spain (book direct)
What?The Tomatina Tomato Fight is probably the world's biggest food fight. Thousands of people gather in the streets of the tiny town of Buï¿½ol to fling tomatoes at each other. The origins of the festival are unknown and, to most people who like throwing food at each other, largely unimportant.
Tomatina Tomato Fight Essentials
- Book Hotels in Valencia for Tomatina (compare prices)
- Compare Prices on Flights to Valencia
Next: Las Fallas