There are several companies organizing Tomatina guided tours. They are a lot more expensive than planning the trip yourself, but at least it will all be taken care of for you.
Stay the night in Valencia
This is the most popular choice, but beds and rooms fill up fast, particularly in youth hostels.
Take an overnight bus or train to Valencia
If you can't find a bed in Valencia, sleeping on the bus or train is a good option - and it is the cheapest too. But you need to make sure your bus or train arrives in time. Find out about Buses and Trains to Valencia for Tomatina.
Party all night in Buñol
Another popular option. Much like at the Pamplona Bull Run at the San Fermin festival, people often stay up all night drinking. It's a long night - as the tomato fight doesn't take place until 11am the next day, you need to be really sure you're prepared for it. Valencia is very warm in the summer, even at 4am, so it shouldn't be too difficult to sleep somewhere in the open air.
Try your luck with private accommodation in Buñol
Buñol residents are wise to the bucks they can make from renting out spare rooms in their houses and apartments to travelers coming to their village. Locals gather around the train station in Buñol offering their rooms. This is a good option, though there is no guarantee that you'll find anywhere.
Tomatina Tomato Fight FAQ
- Pictures of the 'Ham Up a Greasy Pole'
- Pictures of the Tomatina Tomato Fight
- Pictures of the Aftermath of the Tomatina Tomato Fight
Pictures of the Tomatina Tomato Fight
- The Origins of the Tomatina Tomato Fight
- Timetable of Events at the Tomatina Tomato Fight
- Are there any Organized Tomatina Tours?
- What's the Best Way to See the Tomatina Tomato Fight?
- Buses & Trains to Valencia for Tomatina
- How to Get From Valencia to Buñol & Back
- What to Wear & Bring to the Tomatina Tomato Fight
- How to Waterproof Your Camera for Tomatina .
- Tips on Getting the Most out of the Tomatina Tomato Fight