More on Barcelona:
Read more about Barcelona airport:
- Barcelona Airport Transfer
- Compare Prices on Flights to Barcelona Airport
- Compare Prices on Car Hire from Barcelona Airport
Other Airports Near Barcelona
There are two more major airports in the region of Catalonia - Reus (REU) and Girona-Costa Brava (GRO). Both of them are approximately 100km from Barcelona.
Read more about these airports:
It is not normal to refer to these airports as 'Barcelona' airports, though Ryanair still does. I asked a Ryanair spokesman why they do this. You can read his response here:
Why Does Ryanair Say It Flies to Barcelona When It Doesn't?
(Note that at the time, there were no Ryanair flights to Barcelona. Now there are)
Sabadell airport is Catalonia's fourth airport, but it is mainly used for training purposes.
Which Airport Near Barcelona Should I Fly to?All three airports are well connected to Barcelona and other cities in Catalonia. However, in some circumstances one of these airports will be more appropriate for you:
- For a Long Weekend in Barcelona Fly to the main Barcelona airport. You'll lose too much of your time transferring from the other airports to the city.
- To Reach the Pyrenees Fly to Girona. Girona is also a reasonably nice city in itself and is close to Figueres, where the must-see Salvador Dali museum is.
- For a Beach Vacation Reus airport is closer to the better beaches of Catalonia. Nearby Tarragona is also a pleasant city that is worth at least a day's visit.
However, price will usually be your biggest deciding factor. To find the cheapest flight to one of these airports, try this link:
Compare Prices on Flights to Barcelona (remember to tick 'include nearby airports')
Read more on How to Get the Cheapest Fares with Ryanair.