The Bottom Line
- Great location, two minutes walk from the Alcázar
- Slightly cheaper than other restaurants selling suckling pig
- Service was good and food was brought out quickly. But....
- The food was brought out a little too quickly and was clearly reheated.
- Portion was small and not tasty enough to warrant the 15 (which is a lot for a meal in Spain)
- The bread was stale (AND they charged 70c for it)
- Meson Don Jimeno
- c/Daoiz, 15
- Tel 921466350
- Restaurant very close to Alcazar.
- Cochinillo with chips: 15
- Bread: 70c
- Large Beer: 2.10
Guide Review - Restaurant in Segovia Serving Cochinillo Suckling Pig
Meson Don Jimeno is not in an area where there is much competition among restaurants, but it is still ideally located - two minutes' walk from the Alcazar.
A small, but homely restaurant, the staff were very obliging, but then - I was the only person there.
The food was certainly not bad, but 15 for a basic meal with no drinks or even bread(!) included is a lot for what I received.
If you're starving after looking at the Alcazar and you're willing to spend the money to sample Segovia's speciality dish, there is nothing wrong with this restaurant, but you can find a lot better.