Cities and Towns in Valencia and MurciaThe Levante coast is littered with pretty little villages that are worth half a day each.
Valencia and Murcia in a WeekSpend a day in Castellón before moving on to Valencia (two days), followed by a leisurely trip down the coast, stopping off at any interesting villages that take your fancy on your way to Alicante. A brief stop here before continuing to Murcia. A day here and then on to Cartagena.
The cities of these regions aren't the most interesting or exciting in Spain, but they're good bases to explore the towns and villages around the region.
Valencia and Murcia HighlightsIf you have a car, hop from village to village along the coastline - but if you're more a city-type, check out these places below:
- Paella like it was supposed to be eaten, in Valencia.
- The 14th century fortress of Cartagena, Castillo de la Concepción.
- The Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia in, erm, Valencia!
- The cathedral in Murcia.
- Learn about conditions during the Spanish Civil War in Refugio Museo de la Guerra Civil in Cartagena.
- The 19th century Casino gentlemen's club in Murcia.
- The Museo de Bellas Artes Gravina in Alicante.