Cities and Towns in Castilla-La ManchaThe most 'important' places to visit in Castilla-La Mancha:
Castilla-La Mancha in a WeekA week is more than enough to enjoy Castilla-La Mancha. If you're coming from Madrid, head to Toledo for at least a day. It makes sense to stay an extra night in Toledo and visit Consuegra as a day trip, as you'll have to back track anyway to get to Cuenca (public transport in Castilla-La Mancha isn't great). Then Spend a day in Cuenca before moving on to Guadalajara.
Castilla-La Mancha Highlights
- The walled city of Toledo.
- The windmills of Consuegra. It was these windmills which the legendary madman Don Quixote attacked, thinking their sails were the arms of giants. US rock band They Might Be Giants named themselves after this episode. Some argue that the actual windmills were at Campo de Criptana, a few miles easy of Consuegra.
- The hanging houses of Cuenca.
- Try arguably the best saffron in the world, the Princesa de Minaya, in Consuegra.
- The Palacio del Infantado in Guadalajara.