Do I Really Need a Balcony for the Pamplona Running of the Bulls?Locals hire out their balconies in Pamplona for two events - the opening ceremony and the daily bull run. But do you really want one?
Advantages of a Balcony for the Pamplona Running of the Bulls
- You get to stay out of the way of all the mess in the streets (particularly during the opening ceremony.
- You don't need to stand in your spot for hours to guarantee a good spot.
- Pamplona is cold in the early hours of the morning - your balcony won't be.
- You get a pretty good view. As you're higher up, you get to see the bulls for longer.
- You get to watch the bits you miss on TV (assuming your balcony has a TV!)
Disadvantages of a Balcony for the Pamplona Running of the Bulls
- The balconies are expensive for what is in effect about 15 seconds of excitement.
- You might not get the best view.
- You don't get all the atmosphere of the event.
How to Choose Your San Fermin Balcony
Decided against it? Then you'll need somewhere to stand:
Where to Stand to Watch the Bull Runs