Entry is also free to the Prado with the Madrid Card (book direct).
- What to Expect: Spain's premier museum. The Prado has one of the most important collections of 14th-19th century European art in the world. There is a big emphasis on Spanish art (unsurprisingly) including some of the best works by Velázquez, Goya & El Greco.
- Where?: On Paseo de Prado, 20-minute walk from Sol. Metro: Banco de España & Atocha.
- Opening Times: 9am - 8pm, Monday - Sunday
Closed Jan 1, May 1, Dec 25, Easter Friday)
- Price: 10€. (3€ for non-EU students; free for under-18s, EU over-65s, unemployed, EU students - bring relevant documentation)
The Prado is free from 6pm until 8pm from Monday to Saturday and from 5pm until 8pm on Sunday, as well as all day on Oct 12, Dec 6, May 2, May 18.
- Contact Details: Museo Nacional del Prado, Paseo del Prado s/n. 28014 Madrid, Tel.: (+34) 91 330 28 00. (+34) 902 10 70 77
Fax: +34 91 330 28 56