1. Reina SofiaModern art can inspire children when many adults are nonplussed by it. And if you're the kind of person that says "my five-year-old son could do that" when you're confronted with modern art, maybe your children will be the next famous avant garde artist after a visit here.
The Picasso and Dali paintings in particular will trigger off children's imagination.
Address:Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía Calle de Santa Isabel, 52, 28012 Madrid, Spain
2. CosmoCaixaFun science museum in the north of the Madrid.
Address:Calle del Pintor Velázquez 28100 Alcobendas, Spain
Metro: Marques de la Valdavia
3. Museo del Aire
Miniature and full-size airplanes at this free museum.
Address:Aeropuerto Cuatro Vientos S/N 28024 Madrid, Spain
Metro: Cuatro Vientos
4. Anden 0Step back in time and see what a metro station looked like in the 1960s. Free entry.
Address: Plaza de Chamberi, Madrid
Address: Museo del Ferrocarril. Pº Delicias 61 - 28045 Madrid
Address: Calle de José Gutiérrez Abascal 2 28006 Madrid
Metro: Gregorio Marañon
7. Madrid PlanetariumGet your children interested in astronomy at Madrid's planetarium.
Address: Avenida del Planetario, n16. Parque Tierno Galván, Madrid
Metro: Arganzuela Planetario
8. Madrid's Naval MuseumDo your kids like boats? Then this museum is for them. Not the most dynamic of museums, but it's free, so you have nothing to lose.
Address:Paseo del Prado 5 28014 Madrid, Spain
Metro:Banco de España