The reality is that though is a surprising amount to do here, there is no 'must-see' sight. If circumstances keep you here for some reason, you won't get bored, but don't hang around here when you have better things to do.
Best Time to Visit Lleida:
Number of Days to Spend in Lleida:
Hotels in Lleida:
Five Things to Do in Lleida:
- Get warmed up for the modernist buildings of Barcelona with local equivalents along the Avinguda de Blondel.
- Take the kids (or dad) to the classic car museum, Museu Roda-Roda.
- The city's two cathedrals, La Seu Vella and the Catedral Nova.
- Learn about how Lleida got its water in ancient times in the Water Museum.
- Take a look at the city's two art museums.
Day Trips from Lleida:
Where to Next?:
Distance to Lleida:
Hiring a Car in Lleida:
First Impressions of Lleida:
If Lleida isn't your final destination, transport facilities from Lleida airport are excellent - you don't even have to see any of Lleida if you don't want to! There are buses direct to Barcelona or to the AVE train station in Lleida, which will whisk you to Madrid, Zaragoza or Barcelona quicker than you can say "Who wants to visit Lleida anyway?"
If you do stick around, you'll probably arrive by bus at the main train station. From the plaza in front of the station (Plaça de Ramon Berenguer IV) you can take calle Cardenal Remolins, which will take you through the commercial center and past the new cathedral, or you can take the wider Rambla de Ferran, which (after various name changes) will take you past the numerous modernist buildings in Lleida.
Keeping the river Segre on your left, you'll have the old town on your right, with the La Seu Vella old cathedral high up on the hill top.