Aranjuez is a royal residence not far outside of Madrid. It is easily reached by train from the capital and is a great escape from the bustling city when you're in need of a breath of fresh air.
How to Get to AranjuezThe best way to reach Aranjuez is on the Cercanias local train service. You can catch the C3 Cercania train from Chamartin, Nuevos Ministerios Recoletos or Atocha (you may need to change at Atocha).
Aranjuez doesn't need to be seen as a day trip from Madrid. It is also possible to continue your journey and visit Toledo or the windmills of Consuegra from Aranjuez. Both journeys are by bus with Aisa.
What to Do in Aranjuez
- Aranjuez is the home to one of the Royal family's most famous palaces, the Palacio Real de Aranjuez.
- There are a number of attractive gardens that are perfect for a light stroll.
- As royal residence, there are a number of other buildings connected with the Spanish royal family.
- There is a bullfighting museum at the bullring.
- Aranjuez also has a cool waterpark for those hot summer afternoons. Read more about Water Parks in Madrid
Entry to most of these activities is free with the Madrid Card.