How to Get to Jaen
- Alsina Graells goes to Jaen - journey takes between one and one-and-a-half hours and costs under 7€.
- No train.
What to Do & See in Jaen
- Jaen is the biggest oil producer in Andalusia, which is in turn the biggest olive oil producing region in the world. Every two years in May (2007, 2009 etc), Jaen hosts Expoliva, an olive oil exposition.
- January 17 sees the Fiesta de San Antonio Abad, in which people build giant bonfires and sing and dance in the main square. (Note: the night before is when the most partying takes place.
- There are a number of Nature Reserves in Jaen.
- There is a beautiful cathedral and imposing castle 'Cerro de Santa Catalina.
<< Back to 'Day Trips from Granada'