How to Get to Antequera from Granada:
- Alsina Graells runs the bus service from Granada to Antequera - journey takes 1h30-2h and costs 7€.
- There are regular trains - journey takes 1h30 and costs 6.50€. See Spanish Train Times & Prices.
How to Get to Antequera from Malaga:
- Alsina Graells runs the bus service from Malaga to Antequera - journey takes under an hour and costs 4€.
- The high-speed train from Malaga to Antequera takes just 20 minutes but costs 30€.
How to Get to Antequera from Sevilla:
- ALSA runs the bus service from Sevilla to Antequera - journey takes between 1h30 and 2h30 and costs 12€.
- There are regular trains - journey takes 1h45 and costs 12€. See Spanish Train Times & Prices.
What to See & Do in Antequera:
- Its ancient Dolmen de Menga, much like the stone constructions found at Stonehenge in England.
- The Peña de los Enamorados, or 'Lovers' Rock', a huge rock that resembles a human face. Legend has it that two lovers, one a Moor, one a Christian, killed themselves at this rock as their love was forbidden because of their differing religions.
- The Iglesia del Carmen, with its elaborately decorated interior.
- The Arcos de los Gigantes with its Roman inscriptions.
- The Fuente de Piedra, a flamingo lake just a 40 minute drive from the town.