See more about the Best of Spain, including Spain's best things to do, festivals to experience, cities and see and regions to visit.
Food in Spain
- Introduction to Paella
- Origin of the Word 'Paella'
- Varieties of Paella
- Paella Restaurants in Valencia & El Palmar
Paella can be served as a vegetarian dish and features in my list of top Vegetarian Dishes in Spain.
Where to Try Paella: in Valencia, particularly in the village of El Palmar, where it is said that paella was invented. You can also learn to make it on a Spanish Cookery Course in Barcelona (book direct)
- More about Valencia
- Book Hotels in Valencia (book direct)
- Book Trains to Valencia (book direct)
- Book a Nine-Day Guided Tour of Spain that takes in Valencia as part of a trip that also visits Madrid and Seville. (book direct)
Valencia has its own airport, though there is also an airport in nearby Alicante.
- Compare Prices on Flights to Spain (book direct)