Paella in Valencia
Valencia, unsurprisingly, is the best place to go for paella; it is almost a self-fulfilling prophecy as more people come to the city to eat authentic paella, the more restaurants open up.
Note that all of these restaurants are touristy. The local Valencians eat paella at home. Just because your fellow diners are speaking Spanish doesn't mean they aren't tourists - the Spanish travel extensively round their own country.
Here is a list of the best paella restaurants in Valencia.
- Restaurante El Forcart c/Roteros 12. Next to the Torres de Serranos. Reservations on +34 96 391 12 13 email: reservaslforcat.com or visit their website.
- Most of the restaurants by the beach. In particular, La Pepica is said to be good.
- Restaurante La Alegría de la Huerta Paseo Marítimo, modulo 6, Malvarossa. Right by the beach. Reserve on +34 96 355 05 07.
- La Marcelina Av/Neptuno 8, Las Arenas. Restaurant established in 1888. Reserve on +34 96 371 20 25.
- El Rall Tundidores 2. This restaurant has an excellent reputation, but my own experience there was quite average.
Around Valencia the Village of El Palmar
Just outside of Valencia, between El Saler and El Perelló and very close to Lake LAlbufera, is the village of El Palmar. This is the village where the paella rice is grown and is the best place to get paella even the native Valencians come here! Can be a bit pricey, though. Read more on Day Trips from Valencia.