Eating in a Restaurant in Spain
- When to Eat in Spain Information on what time lunch is served (and other meals).
- Breakfast in Spain What to expect for breakfast in Spain.
- Lunch in Spain Lunch is the main meal of the day in Spain - find out about the type of food you can expect to get at lunch time in Spain.
- Menu del Dia The cheapest and best way to eat in Spain is with a 'menu del dia' (meal of the day). But there are a few things you should know.
- Evening Meals in Spain What to expect for your evening meal in Spain.
- Good Restaurants in Spain How to recognize a good restaurant in Spain.
- Christmas Food in Spain What the Spanish eat at Christmas time.
Top 10 Spanish FoodThe essential Spanish food that you must try in Spain.
- Cochinillo (Suckling Pig)
- Pulpo (Octopus)
- Gambas al Ajillo (Garlic Prawns)
- Jamon (Ham) & Chorizo
- Pescado Frito (fried fish)
- Tortilla Española (Spanish Omelet
- Queso Machego (Spanish Sheep Cheese
- Patatas Bravas (Fried Potato in a Spicy Sauce)
Tapas in SpainEveryone who comes to Spain wants to try tapas, but many are not really sure what tapas actually is.
- What is Tapas? (And What it is Not)
- Tapas Tours in Spain
- Where to Get Free Tapas in Spain
- Tips on How to Get the Best Free Tapas
- Basque Country Pintxos
Paella in SpainThough a bit of a cliché, you have to try paella while you're in Spain. Just make sure you know what you're getting.
- Introduction to Paella
- Origin of the Word 'Paella'
- Types of Paella
- How to Make Sure You Get a Good Paella in a Restaurant in Spain
- Paella Restaurants in Valencia & El Palmar
Restaurant Practicalities in SpainAvoid social faux pas in restaurants in Spain.
- Should You Tip in Spain? The final word on this hotly disputed topic.
- Is Smoking Allowed in Spanish Restaurants? The law explained, with some Spanish vocabulary to help you find out if smoking is allowed or not.
- Making a Complaint in Spain Thankfully, the official complaints procedure in Spain is about as good as the service can be bad.
- Spanish Food Glossary Translations of popular Spanish dishes.
Drinking in Spain
- Spain Wine Tours Visit a winery in Spain and sample some of the best Spanish wines. Tours are usually cheaper than you'd expect.
- The Truth About Sangria The Spanish attitudes towards sangria and why you shouldn't buy sangria in a bar in Spain.
- Spanish Wine FAQ The Spanish attitudes towards sangria and why you shouldn't buy sangria in a bar in Spain.
- Spanish Drinks Glossary Translations of popular drinks in Spain.
- Ordering Beer in Spain Article on beer in Spain.
- Tea & Coffee in Spain Coffee is important to the Spanish - ordering it is a language of its own.
- Sherry in Spain Sherry, or 'vino de Jerez' in Spanish, is of Spanish origin.