Private Transfer from Barcelona Airport to Your Barcelona Hotel or Costa BravaA private transfer is just a little more expensive than a taxi going to Barcelona and cheaper if you are going to the Costa Brava. It is also available 24 hours a day (after midnight taxis in Spain charge extra).
- Private Transfer: from Airport to Hotel (book direct)
- Private Transfer: from Hotel to Airport (book direct)
- Barcelona Airport to Costa Brava (book direct)
- Costa Brava to Barcelona Airport (book direct)
Public Transport to and from Barcelona Airport
- Train: There is a train to Barcelona Sants station or to Plaça Catalunya. The service is less frequent than the bus but it stops in more places and is free if you have a Barcelona Card. See what you can get with the card here: Barcelona Card (buy direct)
TOP TIP A ten-journey ticket can be shared between multiple people and is valid from the airport. One ten-journey ticket costs less than two single tickets from the airport and you'll still have eight 'free' journeys to use during your stay in Barcelona. Read more about the Barcelona Metro.
See more Barcelona Travel Tips.
- Bus: There is a bus every eight minutes from outside the terminals that reaches Placa Espanya in 30 minutes and Plaça Catalunya in 35 minutes. This is currently the best way of getting to and from the airport. Price: 4€ (approx). Note, when going from the city to the airport, there are two buses - the A1 and the A2, which go to Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, respectively. If you get on the wrong one, you'll have to take another bus to get to the terminal you need.
- Taxi: A taxi should cost 25€, plus a little extra for each bag. Agree the price before you get in the taxi. If you feel you have been overcharged, ask for a receipt. On the receipt it will explain how to make a complaint. For taxis adapted to people with special needs, call +34 933 581 111.
- Metro: The metro does not serve the airport.
Hire car from Barcelona airport.There are several car hire companies that run from Barcelona airport. Compare prices on Kayak.
For directions into the city center, see here.