- Driving in France: What You Should Know
- Driving in Spain: What You Should Know
- Compare Prices on Car Hire in Spain (book direct)
- Car Sharing in Spain - Resources
Driving from France to Spain: Basic Information
Paris to Barcelona
- Distance: 1,000km
- How: Driving directly south from Paris, you hit the coast near Montpellier and continue along the sea until Barcelona.
- Also on this route: Orleans, Clermont-Ferrand, Beziers, Perpignan, Figueres, Girona. Beyond Barcelona you'll reach Tarragona, Valencia, the Costa Blanca, Alicante and Murcia.
However, a simpler option is to take the direct train: Book Train from Paris to Barcelona
If you're taking this train, you will probably save money by with a Spain-France rail pass. Read about the Spain-France Rail Pass.
Paris to Madrid
- Distance: 1,300km
- How: Head south-west from Paris, eventually reaching the west coast of France. Continue south and cross over the border into Spain.
- Also on this route: Orleans, Tours, Bordeaux, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Burgos. Beyond Madrid (to the south) are Granada and Seville.
There is also a direct Paris-Madrid train: Book Train from Paris to Madrid
Paris to Santiago de Compostela
- Distance: 1,550km
- How: As above, but heading along the north coast of Spain when you reach San Sebastian.
- Also on this route: Orleans, Tours, Bordeaux, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santander, Oviedo.