Montserrat Guided Tours from BarcelonaA good way way to get to and explore Montserrat is on an organized tour.
- Book a Morning Tour of Montserrat.
As Montserrat is just a half-day trip from Barcelona, it is a good idea to plan the second half of your day well to get the most out of your time. A few guided tours will do this for you, combining two trips in one day. Some examples include:
- Montserrat and Barcelona City Tour
- Montserrat and Sagrada Familia Tour
- Montserrat, Wine and Cheese Tour
Read about other Guided Tours of Montserrat
How to Get to Montserrat from Barcelona
- Take a train from the station at Plaça de Espanya. Which station you need to get off at depends on how you want to get to Montserrat. For the rack railway, get off at Monistrol de Montserrat. For the cable car, get off at Montserrat Aeri.
What to See at Montserrat
- Some mountains are pointy, some are rounded - this one is just plain wacky. The most striking landmark on the road inland from Barcelona.
- Montserrat is just as bizarre up close as it is from afar, with naturually formed rock pillars littered along your route to the top.
- The rack railway up the mountain is a must for children and railway enthusiasts alike.
- Go climbing. Read more on Climbing on Montserrat