- 100 Things to Do in Barcelona
- Barcelona Day Trips
- Guided Tour of the Dali Museum in Figueres and Girona
How to Get to Figueres from Barcelona by Guided TourFigueres is quite far to go to 'just' see a museum (albeit an amazing one). But combining your visit to the Dali museum with other sights in the area would be difficult if organizing it by yourself. For this reason alone, I recommend taking a guided tour - the expertise you get from your guide and the benefit of jumping the line are extra.
- Figueres, Dali Museum and Cadaques Guided Tour (book direct)
- Figueres, Dali Museum and Girona Guided Tour (book direct)
How to Get to Figueres from Barcelona by Public Transport
- With the new high-speed AVE train from Barcelona to Figueres, the journey now takes just 53 minutes. Book Train Tickets in Spain.
- The excellent train connection now makes hiring a car less attractive, but it is still a good alternative. You could then visit, for example, the town of Portlligat, where there is another Dali museum, or relax on the beach (in Roses, for example). This wouldn't be possible in a day by public transport. Compare Prices on Car Hire from Barcelona.
- The bus is not practical.
The train departs from Barcelona Sants station, but you can pick it up at Passeig de Gracia. Read more about Barcelona Bus and Train Stations.
With little else of real significance in Figueres, it is a good idea to get a very early train to the town and be out again by lunch time so you can still enjoy the afternoon back in Barcelona.
How to Get to Figueres from Girona
- If a two hour trip there and back seems like a bit much, consider staying in Girona, which is half way between Barcelona and Figueres. Take a train from the main station in Girona.
Read more about Girona.
- Things to do in Figueres:
- The main attraction in Figueres is the Salvador Dali Museum
- For more things to do, see What to do in Figueres.
- Useful links