See also: Other Camino de Santiago Routes
- Start Normally pilgrims begin the Camino Frances at Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France.
Read more about How to Get to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
- Places of Interest The Camino Frances passes through Pamplona, Logroño, Burgos, Leon and Astorga.
- Distance From Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Santiago de Compostela is 800km.
- Average Time Taken About 30 days.
- Notes This is the most popular route. There are advantages and disadvantages to following this route. You will meet far more people on this route and pilgrim accommodation is more frequent on this route, which means you can walk shorter distances if you want. But the huge crowds mean you are hardly likely to get much peace on your travels and the mad dash to get to the best accommodation each day might prove tiresome.