Question: What Festivals are There in the Basque Country?
Answer: The most famous event in the Basque Country is the San Fermin Festival in Pamplona, where the Running of the Bulls takes place. Pamplona is actually in the autonomous community of Navarra, but culturally speaking this is still the Basque Country.
Festivals in the Basque Country
- January 19-20 - San Sebastian festival, including the famous Tamborrada drumming.
- First week of July the Getxo International Jazz Festival
- July 7-14 Pamplona Running of the Bulls at the San Fermin festival
- Third week of July Vitoria jazz festival,
- Third week of August Semana Grande
- November 27-December 2 - International Festival of Documentary and Short Film in Bilbao, Basque Country.