The most famous bullfighting festival in Spain is of course the Pamplona Running of the Bulls at the San Fermin festival in July (which features actual bullfights as well as the famous bull runs) but there are plenty of other bullfighting festivals all over Spain that garner less attention.
See a Bullfight in Spain
- Bullfighting in Madrid Schedule & Tickets
- Bullfighting in Seville Schedule & Tickets
- Bullfighting in Spain Schedule & Tickets
Background Information on Bullfighting in Spain
- Bullfighting Pictures
- Bullfighting in Spain
- Book a Bullfight in Madrid With free panoramic bus tour of Madrid
Bullfighting Festivals in Spain
This list is by no means exhaustive, but it gives you an idea of some of the bigger bullfighting festivals. The festivals listed below concentrate on bullfighting festivals. For bull runs, a la Pamplona, see Bull Runs in Spain.
- City: Ciudad de Rodrigo, near Salamanca
- Event: The Carnival in Ciudad Rodrigo is different to other parts of the world. Here it's all about the bullfighting. They even invite audience participation - young bulls are provided for the public to get involved. Read more on Carnival in Spain including more resources on the Ciudad de Rodrigo event.
For more information on festivals in February see Spanish Festivals in February
- City: Valencia
- Event: The Fallas festival is Valencia's biggest party - it is mainly about the giant bonfires all over the city but there are also bullfights every day too.
See also Spanish Festivals in March
- City: Seville
- Event: Bullfights begin with the end of Semana Santa (Easter) on the Domingo de Resurección (Easter Sunday), which usually falls in April, followed by the Feria de Abril, where you can see a bullfight every day.
For more information on festivals in April see Spanish Festivals in April
- City: Madrid
- Event: From the middle of the month is the San Isidro festival, two weeks of daily bullfights at the Las Ventas bullring.
- City: Cáceres
- Event: The Ferias de Caceres are a week of festivities at the end of May/early June, featuring plenty of bullfights.
- City: Cordoba
- Event: The Feria Taurina Nuestra Señora de la Salud takes place in Cordoba for the last week of May (approximately) every year.
For more information on festivals in May see Spanish Festivals in May
- City: Alicante
- Event: Las Hogueras de San Juan runs for the final week of the month with seven or eight fights during the week.
For more information on festivals in June see Spanish Festivals in June
- City: Pamplona
- Event: The San Fermin festival in Pamplona is more than just about the Running of the Bulls. The bulls that take part in the morning run take part in a bullfight at 5 o'clock later that day.
- City: Valencia
- Event: The best time to see a bullfight in Valencia is during the July festival (Feria de Julio).
For more information on festivals in July see Spanish Festivals in July.
- City: Malaga
- Event: The feria de Agosto in Malaga sees bullfights on an almost daily basis.
- City: Bilbao
- Event: For the last two weeks of August there are the Corridas Generales, a bullfighting festival during which there are fights almost every day.
For more information on festivals in August see Spanish Festivals in August.
- City: Tordesillas, Valladolid
- Event: In the second week of September the inhabitants of Tordesillas celebrate the festival of the Virgen de la Peña. A bull is chased by the townsfolk and then killed. The killer is invited to cut the testicles off the bull. Another particularly unpleasant event. Read more about the bull festival at Tordesillas
- City: Ronda
- Event: The Corridas Goyescas, which take place in September, are Ronda's most celebrated bullfights.
For more information on festivals in September see Spanish Festivals in September