Plan Your Trip to Spain
By Damian Corrigan, About.com Guide
- Book Your Vacation Now!
- Why Visit Spain?
- Best of Spain
- How to Get to Spain
- Guided Tours of Spain
- Cities & Regions of Spain
- Learning Spanish in Spain
- Food & Drink in Spain
- Getting Around Spain
- Accommodation in Spain
- Cheap Travel in Spain
- Suggested Itineraries
- Events and Festivals in Spain
- Practical Advice
Book Your Vacation Now!
If you already know more or less where you want to go and just need to know the most reputable places to book your vacation, you've come to the right place. There's no need to book an expensive and inflexible tour that forces you to eat in the same restaurants as everyone else. Book your flights, hotel rooms and tours individually for the perfect Spanish vacation.
- Cheap Flights to Spain
- Cheap Hotels in Spain
- Spain Tours from Madrid
- Car Hire in Spain
- Package Tours of Spain (book direct)
Why Visit Spain?
Where is Spain? What does Spain have to offer the discerning tourist? A quick overview on why you should visit Spain.
- Brief Tour of Spain
- Top Ten Things to Do in Spain
- Interesting Facts About Spain
- Where in Spain Can I...?
- Top Ten Festivals in Spain
- Top Ten YouTube Videos on Spain
- When to Visit Spain
- The Weather in Spain
- Top Ten Cities in Spain
- Myths & Misconceptions About Spain
Best of Spain
Find out about the very best that Spain has to offer.
- Best Spanish Cities
- Best Things to Do in Spain
- Weekend Breaks in Spain
- Best Festivals in Spain
- Best Food in Spain
- Best Spanish Drinks
- Best Beaches in Spain
- Best Nudist Beaches in Spain
- Seven Wonders of Spain
- Best Cathedrals in Spain
- More of the Best of Spain
How to Get to Spain
So you've decided you're coming, have you? Glad to hear it. Now you need to decide how you're going to get here.
Guided Tours of Spain
Everyone likes someone else to do all the hard work sometimes. Guided tours are a great way to take it easy and let someone else do all the planning. They can also be a great way to learn about the history and culture of Spain. Even if you wouldn't normally take a guided tour, there are some that are indispensable (read about 'Essential Guided Tours' to see why).
- Spain Tours from Madrid
- Guided Tours of Madrid & Region
- Guided Tours of Barcelona & Region
- Guided Tours of Andalusia
Cities & Regions of Spain
So where should you go when you visit Spain? Check out the best of Spain's cities and regions here.
Learning Spanish in Spain
Lots of Spanish learners come to learn Spanish in Spain. But with so many different languages and accents in Spain, where should you go to study the language? Advice on where to work on your Spanish in Spain.
- What Languages Are Spoken in Spain?
- Useful Phrases in Spanish, Catalan, Basque and Galician
- Numbers in Spanish, Catalan, Basque and Galician
Food & Drink in Spain
What to eat and drink in Spain. Sangria, tapas, paella and more.
- Top Ten Spanish Dishes
- Top Ten Spanish Drinks
- Best Restaurants in Madrid
- How to Spot a Good Restaurant in Spain
- Tapas in Spain
Getting Around Spain
Unless you're planning just a city break, you're going to need to get around in Spain. But which mode of transport should you use? Are trains always quicker than buses? Is car hire practical?
- How to Get from City to City in Spain
- AVE High-Speed Trains in Spain
- Bus Travel vs Train Travel in Spain
- Book Bus and Train Tickets in Spain
- Is it Practical to Hire a Car in Spain?
- What You Should Know About Driving in Spain
- Internal Flights in Spain
- How to Get from City to City in Portugal
Accommodation in Spain
Information on where to stay in Spain, including details of hotels, hostels and guest houses.
- Types of Accommodation in Spain
- Booking Hotels in Spain
- Casas Rurales in Spain
- Types of Youth Hostels in Spain (and how to book)
- Hotels in Madrid - by District
Cheap Travel in Spain
Living cheaply in Spain doesn't mean you have to make big sacrifices. It just takes a little more effort. Find out how to get the most out of your vacation for the least amount of money.
- Top Ten Cheap Travel Tips for Spain
- Cheap Flights to Spain
- Couchsurfing and Home Exchanges
- Cheap Lunch in Spain
How to go from A to F, including B, C, D and E on the way. Which cities are must-sees? Which can be missed out?
- North-West Spain Suggested Itinerary
- Package Tours of Spain (two, three, four and five days)
- More Suggested Itineraries
Events and Festivals in Spain
Find out about all the seasonal activities going on Spain. Every town or village has its feria once a year, where dancing, drinking and general merriment is the order of the day. There is also a number of other events worth checking out.
- Spanish Events & Festivals Calendar
- Top 10 Festivals in Spain
- Spains Most Bizarre Festivals
- Pictures of Festivals in Spain
- Bullfighting Festivals in Spain
- Rock, Pop & Dance Festivals in Spain
- Calendar of Sporting Events in Spain
- Film Festivals in Spain
Answers to the types of questions you'd often think too trivial to ask.
- Get Local Travel Advice and Services in Spain
- Top Tips for Visiting Barcelona
- Money Matters in Spain
- Should You Tip in Spain?
- Making a Complaint in Spain
- Electricity in Spain & Appliance Compatibility Problems