For this reason, you have to choose your restaurant carefully. Read more on How to Make Sure You Get a Good Paella in a Restaurant in Spain.
Remember that there are several paella varieties - bypass the seafood version and go for paella Valenciana. Made from meat instead of seafood, this is the original paella and so is the most 'authentic'.
Read more about Paella in Spain:
- Introduction to Paella
- Origin of the Word 'Paella'
- Varieties of Paella
- Paella Restaurants in Valencia & El Palmar
See more about the Best of Spain, including Spain's best food to eat, festivals to experience, cities and see and regions to visit.
More About ValenciaFind out about Valencia, the home of paella.
- Valencia Spain Guide (book direct)
- Book trains to Valencia (book direct)
- Hotels in Valencia (compare prices)
- Compare prices on flights to Valencia (compare prices)
Next: The City of Seville