Choose What You Want to Do and Where Your Main Stops Will Be
Where you are going to stop is likely to be dictated by what you want to do. No matter what you're planning on doing, you'll need to use some of Spain's fantastic cities as your base (or bases). Even if you plan on roughing it in the countryside for a month, you'll still need a city as your transport hub. The following links will help you choose what to do and which cities to visit:
- What type of Spanish Vacation Do You Want?
- A to Z of Spanish Cities (with Pictures)
- How Long Should I Stay in Spain?
- Where in Spain Can I...?
- Guided Tours of Spain
- Interactive Map of Train Routes in Spain
- Top Ten Cities in Spain
If map reading isn't your forte and you can't work out which cities are practical to visit on a single trip and which aren't, perhaps you should follow one of these Suggested Itineraries that I've planned out. If you'd prefer that everything was planned out for you, including tours of each city and transport between them, check out these Package Tours of Spain.
Select Some Day Trips & Excursions
A city is a city, at the end of the day. To get the most out of your stops, make sure you make some excursions to the smaller sights around the major cities in Spain.
- Guided Tours of Catalonia
- Day Trips from Barcelona
- Cycling Tours of Catalonia
- Guided Tours of Montserrat, Catalonia
- Combined Guided Tours of Toledo, Segovia, Avila and El Escorial
- Day Trips from Madrid
- Guided Tours of Toledo
- Seville, Cordoba & Toledo by AVE Train
A Coruña and Santiago de Compostela, Galicia