More on Barcelona
More on Beaches in SpainOne of the most popular things about Sitges is its beaches. See more on beaches in Spain:
- How to Get to Sitges by Guided Tour
A number of tour companies include Sitges as a stop on day trip from Barcelona. Your options include (ranked in order of quality, in my opinion):
- How to Get from Barcelona to Sitges by Public Transport
Sitges is less than 45 minutes by Cercanias Renfe (the suburban train network) from the center of Barcelona. Trains leave every 30 minutes and cost about 4€ each way. Board the train at the Passeig de Gracia subterranean train station.
If time is tight and you want to explore more of Catalonia, you can combine a trip to Sitges with a professionally guided tour of Tarragona. Read more: Sitges and Tarragona Tour from Barcelona
- How to Get to Sitges from Barcelona Airport
The service is called MonBus and runs every two hours from approximately 9am until about 10.30pm and also stops in the center of Barcelona. For accurate information at the time of your arrival, call the Barcelona Airport tourist information line +34 934 784 704.
- What to See in Sitges:
- The beach. Don't try to convince yourself that the beach in the center of Barcelona is nice - it isn't. For a good beach in this area, go to Sitges. There are a number of nice beaches in Sitges, including a couple of nudist beaches.
- Sitges is also a popular gay resort. There are also some specifically gay nudist beaches in Sitges.
- Facundo Bacardi was from Sitges - there is a Rum Museum in Sitges to commemorate this.
- October 5-14 sees the the Sitges International Film Festival of Catalonia. Read more on October Festivals in Spain.