If you would like the stress taken out of traveling around an unfamiliar country, then you're probably considering a package tour of Spain.
There was a time when package tours of Spain meant an airport pick-up and an all-inclusive hotel at a beach resort such as Benidorm or Fuengirola. But now there are guided tours for the whole of Spain and beyond to Portugal and Morocco too.
The majority of tours depart from Madrid, but others leave from Barcelona and there are quite a few from Malaga and the Costa del Sol, too. Tours can be last just a day or two or a couple of weeks, with tours of every duration in between, to suit every pocket.
So what do you have included on these guided tours? You tend to get:
- All transport (usually by bus but occasionally by AVE high-speed train).
- All accommodation (normally it's a four-star hotel).
- Guided tours of all the big sights will be included in your tour.
- Some meals are included in a number of tours.
The things that are not included are often a bit of a blessing. So what don't you get?
- Flights are never included, which opens up the tour to more people from more starting points and allows you to combine your guided tour with a longer stay which you can organize by yourself. And it's cheap enough to get a budget flight to Spain anyway.
- As stated above, some meals will be included, but often they are not. Which frees you up to explore the culinary delights of Spain without being tied to the hotel menu.
Check out the links below for some of the best guided tours of Spain: