The height of summer is upon us, with high temperatures hitting most of Spain and some of the calendar's biggest events coming up. There's plenty to do in Spain during these months, if you can stand the heat and happen to be in the right city at the right time. Check out the links below to see if your travel plans fit what's going on.
If you can'tácope with the high temperatures, consider visiting the north of Spain, which is usually several degrees cooler then the center and the south.áJuly's most famous event is the Pamplona Running of the Bulls, which takes place during the second week of the month.
Other big events in July in Spain include:
- The Grec culture festival in Barcelona
- The Cordoba Guitar Festival
- The Benicassim Rock Festival
- The Vitoria Jazz Festival
Malaga has its annual feria for ten days in August. Later in the month, Bilbao and San Sebastian have their Semana Grande.
Other major happenings in August include:
- The Gracia Festival in Barcelona
- The Vuelta a Espa˝a cycle race
- The Tomatina Tomato Fight near Valencia