1. Travel
Damian Corrigan

Making a Ryanair complaint

By March 26, 2008

Are you satisfied with the service Ryanair provided you on your flight to Spain, or indeed any other flight with Ryanair? Have you been looking to make a complaint? Ryanair make it very difficult to complain to them personally - but I have been told by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) in the UK that they 'welcome any complaints'. You can complain about Ryanair's flights or their pricing policy by emailing the OFT at enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk.

What do you think of their new pricing policy? Ryanair took their website offline recently, in response to a recommendation by the OFT that all airlines "include fixed, non-optional costs in their advertised prices". However, though Ryanair have made it slightly easier to see the all-inclusive price during the booking process, the first (i.e. the 'advertised' price) on their site is still the prices excluding non-optional costs. The OFT refused to comment on whether they were satisfied with the changes Ryanair have made, but they encouraged those who are not happy to complain.

Have you made a Ryanair booking recently? Were you happy with their system and their service in general? Leave a comment below or, better still, make a complaint about Ryanair to the OFT.

More about Ryanair

Update: So You Want to Leave a Comment About Ryanair on This Blog?
I have set up a new page for users to share their experiences of Ryanair with other readers. Rather than leaving a comment at the bottom of this blog, please Share Your Ryanair Experience and let others know about what happened to you. This new page gets more visitors than this blog, so more people will read what you post.

Update 2: Ryanair have been kind enough to respond to some of the most popular questions asked about their airline. How satisfactory are their answers? Read them here and find out: Questions to Ryanair

Tweet this article or add @gospain to Twitter
Become a fan of About.com Guide to Spain Travel

Comments
July 24, 2008 at 7:48 am
(1) Zak says:

Their service is very very bad.

They failed to send me an email confirmation, so I called their booked number.

The person who responded on the phone (after I waited 45min), was very rude.

Within 10seconds, she gave me a premium number to call (09) and hung up…after she said she deals with flights within 14days
only.

She was very rude and unhelpful. She was in a rush to finish when I told her that I will be incuring costs and waste my time, just because they failed to send me an email!

Regards

Zak

August 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm
(2) Carl says:

Have you booked a flight with Ryanair from Liverpool to Valencia (and/or return) between 30 October and 23 December 2008? These flights were advertised recently, but if you look at their web site now you will find that there are no flights during this period. Ryanair have not contacted me to date informing of the no flight situation or sent a refund.

August 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm
(3) gospain says:

Hi Carl,

As I mentioned a few days ago, you’re right, Ryanair have cut flights to Valencia.

They should give you a refund, but you will need to get in touch with them. You should be able to log in to the Ryanair website to see the status of your flight.

I hope you get your money back!

August 27, 2008 at 12:48 pm
(4) Ninette Hartley says:

I had trouble booking a flight from Ancona to Stanstead return and was frozen out twice, changed computers and used a different credit card….no problem. But then received 2 confirmation emails. Tried to phone ryanair but could not get through. Took all paperwork to the airport (flight was within two days of the booking) was assured their was only one booking. However 5 days later received an email that payent had been taken twice and no refund available as the flights were now in the past! Over £400 for each flight so £800 paid! We are trying to get the money back but so far it has been impossible to get through to anyone! Fax sent but no response of course!

September 6, 2008 at 2:21 pm
(5) Judith Stevens says:

I’ve just booked a Ryanair flight to Glasgow which was supposedly 5.99 each way, making it 23.96 for two of us. Surprise surprise once their “compulsory” additions were added, it came to £173. plus. How on earth can they justify £16 for the privilege of booking with a debit card. How else are you suppose to book on line, with beads and barter? We HAVE to go with little time to organise things but I can swear that we’ll NEVER travel with Ryanair again.

September 11, 2008 at 2:46 pm
(6) Val says:

I booked flights on the 2sept 08 and like Zak i have no confirmation to confirm this, they have also taken my money out of my account. stupidly of me i didn’t take a note of the reference number as i have flown with ryanir before i they have always sent an email within seconds.

i keep ringing the 09 number but then it says the person on the other line has ended the call. Does anyone know how i will get my flight details?

September 11, 2008 at 3:26 pm
(7) Damian says:

Check your junk mail, the confirmation email might have gone there.

As long as you are sure the sale went through (you’re sure the confirmation page came up with the code?) then you don’t need the confirmation code. As long as you know when your flight time is (do another search on the ryanair site if you don’t remember), you’ll be ok: check-in opens 2 hours before the flight time and closes 40 minutes before.

Let me know if everything goes alright!

September 16, 2008 at 4:46 am
(8) Vlasta says:

Hi,
I booked a flight last Thursday and never received a confirmation email. I’ve must have phone the airline at least 10 times since, but they aren’t of any help :(

Although I have a confirmation number, underneath is a status: ‘NOT CONFIRMED (booking is not confirmed until you receive email itinerary).

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do, whether they will confirm eventually. If I knew they won’t I would just booked via different airline. Can anyone help???

Thank you!

September 16, 2008 at 7:40 am
(9) gospain says:

Unfortunately, this appears to be a regular occurrence with Ryanair.

The first thing to do if you don’t receive a confirmation mail from Ryanair (or any airline) is to check your junk mail. These emails have a habit of appearing there.

If it isn’t there, try this.

If you have the confirmation number (which, in this case, you do), go to Manage My Booking (if this link doesn’t work, there is a link on the left-hand side of Ryanair’s homepage). From here you can View My Booking using your confirmation number and other details.

I hope that helps!

September 16, 2008 at 8:34 am
(10) Vlasta says:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I always check my junk, it wasn’t there :(

However, I’m not able to retrieve my booking vie ‘Manage My Booking’. I get a message that the details don’t match those on the record.
However, I have all this information in front of me, my confirmation number, my email address + the card number :(

I tried phoning them 5 times this morning, but didn’t get far. I’m just about to send them a fax, hopefully it will help.

September 16, 2008 at 10:58 am
(11) gospain says:

Sounds to me like your booking hasn’t gone through. If they haven’t debited your account yet, then you’re probably safe to book again.

Probably.

September 24, 2008 at 8:27 am
(12) Steve Whiteside says:

It seems that there is a £4 charge (£8 if taking a return flight) for using a credit/debit card to pay for the flight.
1. Why is the charge doubled for a return flight? Surely there is no more work involved for the ryanair bods, whether one-way or return.
2. HOWEVER, it transpires that the charge mentioned above is levied PER PERSON. Why? If only one action is required to pay for the total costs, how can such pilfering from credit/debit card accounts be justified?

October 3, 2008 at 7:37 am
(13) David says:

R.Air have cancelled my flight from Alicante to Birmingham due to a strike by Boeing, but they offer no alternative flight and just say sorry,i dont want my money back i want to be given another flight.I think they are the worst airline in the aviation business and their complaints dept. is non existent.Dont fly with them.I wont

October 3, 2008 at 7:48 pm
(14) Dougie says:

My flight to Malaga was cancelled because of the Boeing strike; Ryanair sent me an email on 9th September saying the cost would be refunded within 7 working days. Surprise surprise it didn’t happen. This is the second time they’ve accidentally forgotten to refund money, I wonder if this is a deliberate policy just in case people don’t notice. They’ve messed me around once too often I’ll use another airline next time even if it costs more. It’s outrageous they have no email address for complaints.

October 6, 2008 at 4:47 pm
(15) Conleth Mackle says:

I will never ever use Ryanair again. Flying these days is not a great pleasure, but it seems that they go out of their way to make it a nightmare, and justify it all on a cost basis.

For the pleasure of adding one extra bag between 3 people, we have been charged an extra £76.57. Worse was that it was misleading by posting 2 seperate prices, one which stated that the total was £40.

I hope that people turn away in masses from Ryanair. I would love to see them crash and burn. I regularly fly Easyjet and find them a much much easier airline to deal with. They are just not intent like Ryanair on ripping the passenger off.

October 8, 2008 at 12:56 pm
(16) Tim says:

I was returning from Dublin to Liverpool on Monday 6th October 2008 on flight FR448 at 22.50, and i was very shocked by how unprofessional the cabin crew were! As i boarded the plane i showed the the member of staff my passport and he demanded to see my boarding card which i showed him and he snatched it from my hand and practically threw it back at me. They were also laughing and joking around while doing the safety demonstration! Surely this is not right. I was not happy at all with the customer service!!!!

October 29, 2008 at 7:16 am
(17) shirls says:

I had booked a flight with Ryanir from City airport Belfast to London Stanstead, at the time of booking was lead to believe that flights were £40.00 return, when I went onto proceed with my booking they kept on adding costs, which they had adverised as no taxes, no fees no charges but at the end of booking I paid £88.00. The flight itself was awlful they had told us to go to our boarding gates only to keep us waiting for 45 mins and the plane wasn’t even there. Once I got onto the plane the Staff done nothing but sell us products and food for the whole of the journey. I will never fly with them again there service and pricing is appalling

October 29, 2008 at 12:31 pm
(18) Zehra says:

No words…

I was so disappointed last weekend when i missed my flight twise, as unluckily the first time my purse got stolen, and the second time all the busses to the airport had a delay and i missed both of the flights.

After missing it for the first time, i had to book a whole new flight (for 130 Pounds, very cheap..lol) and when i was at the airport i even received a bording pass. When arrived at the gate, the flight was gone.

I havent received a penny refund…

Does anyone know, if there is anything i could do against Ryanair?

November 21, 2008 at 9:42 am
(19) Chas says:

I booked a flight with Ryanair to Tenerife for early December, I didnt get a confirmation email so I phoned customer services who told me that if it isnt confimed within 48 hours it would be cancelled. I couldnt get another flight so I changed my travel dates. Two weeks later I received a confirmation and the money taken off my credit card!! I dont need the flights anymore I have faxed this through to Ryanair with no response, could anyone tell me how I can speak to someone so I can get my money back… please!!!

December 11, 2008 at 9:45 pm
(20) ryan says:

hello

Booked return flights last night with ryanair from belfast city to stanstead but the confirmation page came up as pending/not confirmed. The flights were advertised for £1 each way and exempt from taxes. Fortunatley i have a visa electron however i did not receive email confirmation.

Also because i assumed that i would receive an email i did not take the number done. Does anyone know how i can check if it processed?

ps. ryanair are scum

ryan

December 29, 2008 at 5:38 am
(21) Rob says:

Just traveled with Ryanair to France this Christmas with my wife and 6 month old baby. We originally found flights for £215 on their website, but after all sorts of last minute extras ended up being charged £638 for our flights!!
We were made to wait for two hours to check in and nearly missed our flight.
We were charged £215 for excess baggage even though we had paid £64 for an extra bag since….and this I find amazing…babies (who need more clobber than anyone else) have no allowance and even though we had also paid an additional £32 for him to fly and £16 for his pushchair.
The queue to pay for excess baggae was as long as for check-in so everyone is being caught out….deliberately?
The highlight for us was getting to the gate and seeing an 80 year old lady in a wheelchair with an oygen mask being agressively told off for even considering she might get priority boarding.
It seems basic human morals do have a price after all for Ryanair.

January 3, 2009 at 10:21 am
(22) Pete says:

As a frequent traveller between the UK and Spain, I for one will never fly Ryanair again.
Our recent trip back to family in the UK for Christmas was an outrage. Outbound flights (Malaga – Bournemouth) were free, and return flights were about 20€. Great!! Well, not exactly…
With the fees and taxes, those flights were suddenly up to 200€. OK, still not horrendous given the time of year, and that we were flying in to a very local airport.
But, we were loaded up with pressies both in and out, and badly overweight – 6kg going out and 13kg coming home. That’s 285€ for Ryanair, on top of the original 200€; ka-ching! (BTW, we were aware of the 15kg limit prior to travelling, but there was nothing we could do to reduce our load).

The maddening thing is that the total weight allowance per passenger hasn’t changed – it’s still 25kg total, but whereas before it was 20 in the hold and 5 in the cabin, now it’s 15 in the hold and 10 in the cabin. Clever thinking by Ryanair, and it enables them to absolutely fleece their passengers left, right and centre.

Personally I’d rather pay a higher up-front ticket price and know that I can have 20kg in the hold included in that price. They only do it to rip us all off, when is someone going to do something about it?

January 14, 2009 at 12:50 pm
(23) Gem says:

Ryanair are undoubtedly the worse airline I have ever had the displeasure to come across. I booked a flight for £201, then changed the time for a charge of £10, which is fine. However the man I spoke to was the rudest nonenity I have ever spoken to and he couldn’t care less about any questions I had and kept impatiently interrupting me.

I have since checked my bank account and ryanair have charged me twice to a total of £402 on 8th Jan. They paid £100 back into my account 4 days later, so where exactly is the other £102?

Another lovely phone call to another rude person on a premium line, only to be told I am wrong and then hang up on me. What fantastic customer service!

I rang back again and spoke to yet another rude employee of ryanair who informed me I had my facts wrong as Ryanairs system shows I was charged once. Despite the fact I’m staring into my online bank account (which shows I’ve been overcharged by £100 still)at the moment of speaking.

Now all I can do apparently is sit and wait to see if they bother paying back the money. I’m not holding my breath.

I truly hope that Ryanair and all it’s rude, idiotic employees crawl under the nearest rock where they belong. The way they treat it’s customers is appalling.

The first and last time I use this airline.

January 17, 2009 at 3:40 pm
(24) aiste says:

Hi,my flight was booked with ryanair a month ago before xmas beeing 32 weeks pregnant.At first they offered me to pay 300 pounds for excess luggage but i did not and had to leave one bag to the person i knew and i still did not get it back.then i was late for a flight because of ryanairs fault as they assumed that my hand luggage was two piece even though it did not even weight 10kg and was small handbag and shoulder bag so they dragged me back to the ryanair desk.as i missed my flight nobody was keen to help me even though they saw i was pregnant and stressing a lot.duty manager dawn de costa at birmingham airport uk was rudest person i have ever met not human beeing at all.so they offered me aflight to pzesow poland for 257 pounds what i paid telling me it was very close to lithuania kaunas.i did not know at the time so i bought ticket trusting them.but as i arrived to poland it seemed i was 2000km from lithuania so i had to travel by trains through poland and russia for 24 hours carrying heavy luggage beeing nearly 8 months pregnant and spending more money.the total of my expenses reached 500 pounds.i am gonna take them to court i am going to get good layer i can not leave it like this as i risked my and my babys health and i was lucky to come back home healthy.but next woman might end up loosing baby if it ever happens again to somebody else.so people do not fly with ryanair they are horrible!

February 2, 2009 at 8:32 am
(25) Gail says:

I can’t believe some of the comments I’ve read! I was on the receiving end of their ‘customer service’ just a few days ago. Whilst I admit, that the initial fault was my own (my hand luggage was over sized) the way they dealt with my partner & I was disgusting, openly talking about us. Offered no alternative, ie pay for bags to go into holder, or give us time to run back to shop to buy new bags. They seemed to take some perverted kind of pleasure from our misfortune. And the power trip they had in escorting us back through the airport….! Well! Even whilst we were getting refunds on our dute free, they were still giggling & talking about us, much to the disgust of the staff in the duty free shop, who I must say were very sweet and offered this advice: Don’t ever fly with Ryanair, fly with Flybe, they’re much better!

Although I’d already decided, I will definitely be taking their advice! It seems that everyone we’ve spoken to has nothing good to say about this company. I certainly don’t!

February 2, 2009 at 4:32 pm
(26) Xiaomu says:

We lost a lot of money with a low cost flight!
We wanted to change our international ticket in Ryanair to an internal one, because we had a visa problem. However, Ryanair told that they can’t change an international ticket to an internal one, although this term is not written on their terms&conditions!They did not give back even our taxes! We lost 800euros!! This ‘low cost airline’ costed us a lot!!

February 11, 2009 at 5:03 am
(27) luke says:

We recently took a flight to Dublin and were disgusted by the customer service and organisation. We were trying to take a buggy which was allowed through with us all the way to boarding (after asking two ryan air employees if we needed to do anything with it) where we were told that we would have to leave it and it would be destroyed. A representative of theirs then got extremely aggressive and refused to supply me with either a pen to write down his name or his name. When I asked to see his supervisor he threatened that we would miss our flight if we waited to talk to the supervisor. When the supervisor arrived he then proceeded to stand behind her out of her sight but in mine smirking and laughing. Someone from the airport then very kindly offered to look after it for us. When we were crossing to the plane we were then accosted by flight crew who said that one of the check in clerks had sent a message saying we were trying to sneak a buggy on to the plane so we were held up again

February 17, 2009 at 9:35 am
(28) Lourdes says:

I would like to know what happened with Vlasta (coment #10). I’m having exactly the same problem!

February 18, 2009 at 4:27 am
(29) Jan says:

I recently booked flights for my husband and myself to Dublin. When we arrived at Gatwick airport we were told earlier flights had been cancelled because of snow and ours may be as well. Unfortunately our flight was cancelled and we were given a scrappy piece of paper with details to get a refund or book a new flight. We applied for a refund but have heard nothing and have not been refunded out fare. I am finding it very difficult to chase this up without using a premium rate phone number.

February 23, 2009 at 4:44 pm
(30) Damion says:

I was waiting for my flight from Morocco back to Luton. The flight was to leave at 10am. There was no sign of the flight and at 09:50 280 people were told that both flights to England were cancelled without any notice. This was due to fog apparently. The planes were diverted to another airport two hours away and instead of bussing us all there they sent back to empty planes back to England. We were told to re-book our flights out via the internet, which was quite frankly not funny in the least. There were not flights flying out of Marrakesh by Ryanair until the 3rd of March back to England and it was the 17th of Feb, what a disaster! My holiday cost 277 quid including the hotel. I had to pay 280 pound on Easyjet to get back to England one way. I will never fly Ryanair again after the way they treated their customers…

February 26, 2009 at 5:15 pm
(31) AABR(any airline but ryanair) says:

People should really watch booking with this firm. Everyone knows that they are trying to say they are cheap airline but if you make the same mistake i did …all them cheap flights will be not worth it and you should have booked with a normal airline i.e 20kg passenger shared baggage with a normal customer support airline..i.e airlingus etc

after a 2 hour journey too the airport…We got to the check-in desk just in-time…With 3 of use booking in and checking in 1 suitcase, our bag went 5kg overweight(all our fault)…we where ask to go to customer service to pay 70 euro, so we did this(no problems)only problem was that there is only 4 people on the desk and 20+ people in the Q. With everyone in the Q needing service ASP(so no skipping).

After a long Q… paid the 70 euro and went back to check-in. Got my boarding pass and rushed to security(we have a young kid) . this had a long Q too…anyways we missed out flight by 2 mins from the departure time. There was no call for use, our case was ready for collection straight away!…think the case never got on-board at all.

Was very annoyed with this airline because they should off not taken the 70 euro and just said you are not going to make it…also the supervisor on this day…did not want to know anything and actually blamed me for going to the duty free.. i think some (not all) of the staff get some sick trill from seeing people in distress!… here is a another trill….wish i had gone to duty free and just got whiskey instead of flying with them because had to pay a crazy amount to go on holiday that week!! thanks ryanair. i learned the hard way! OMG never again!!!

March 6, 2009 at 11:56 am
(32) Alan says:

Like Jan (comment 29) a friend of mine recently had his flight to Glasgow cancelled due to heavy snow. Fair enough but as this meant that he couldn’t complete his business trip and return the following day he declined the offer of a replacement flight some days later and requested a refund. Fast forward to bank statement time and (I bet you’ve already guessed) refunded for the outbound flight of a return booking but charged for the inbound flight. RA say that the flight left as scheduled and he was a no-show and they are not to blame for his mistake!!! Apparently all flights are booked as singles and he should have cancelled twice but even then their terms seem to mean that he would not have been refunded for a late cancellation. Buyer beware!

May 14, 2009 at 6:31 am
(33) djamel says:

just back from Barcalona flying with raynair or should I call it ripoff-air, we, my self and girl friend, I payed the handeling fees, which where not included in the original price (10 Euro each, me and my friend), arriving to the airport, surprise we had to pay 20 Euro each because we didn’t checkin on line. there was no infromation on the checkin online in their web site, the only time it was mensioned was in the term of conditions.
Anyway back from spain, there was a rugby team, they made sure to checkin online, but this time ryanair web site didn’t print the boarding passes properly. they went to the airport, and the hostess told them, yes you are in the system, you indeed checked-in online but because we have to print it here a second time you will be charged 20 Euro each, they tried to argue with here, but she was rude and says if you don’t pay you are not going.
My trip turned out to be 100 Euro extra. much more for the rugbymen…
I will never ever use this airline.

May 19, 2009 at 6:48 pm
(34) Thomas says:

So we booked our cheap 2 adult tickets (£10 each) + 1 luggage for the total over £200.
We tried to check-in online via Ryanair website but the luggage was too much to handle for their online system. We had no choice but to try our luck in the airport.
The luck cost us £20 each – each way – additional £80 charge in total.
We are not British and I am an IT guy who knows how to create a proper online check-in system let alone use it.
Feeling ripped off and there is no one to talk to.
Next time I’d rather swim across the English Channel than fly over it with Ryanair.

May 26, 2009 at 6:10 am
(35) Alice says:

PROBABLY THE MOST USELESS AIRLINE IN THE WORLD.

I haven’t even been on my flight yet and I’m already sick of them!!

My flight time has been changed, I have no idea how I’m supposed to check in and I’ve tried ringing twice now and couldn’t get through to a human.

I’d rather pay twice the price and fly with a decent airline anyday.

July 10, 2009 at 12:58 pm
(36) Rob says:

The worst airline on the planet by a country mile! They are not cheap, they are expensive and O’leary is one of the most embarrassing excuses for ‘responsible ‘CEO I have ever seen.

The only reason people still book with them is because they fly to ‘remote’ airports that other carriers don’t service. Their planes are disgusting, dirty flying buckets.

This is not a rant, I fly every month to the US and Europe on business and Ryanair has been banned for all corporate travel due to safety concerns and dubious business practices. How long will it be before one of their planes kills all on board through below standard servicing and upkeep?

A disgrace! Please someone set up an organized protest and walkout before the worst happens!!!

October 11, 2009 at 8:17 am
(37) frisp says:

Ryanair require UK passports as the only means of ID for travel within the UK.

There websites (small print) states that they accept ID cards but chkg their T&Cs there is no UK ID card acceptable.

February 22, 2010 at 5:04 am
(38) alistair simpson says:

If an email from Ryanair goes into your junk mail it’s the best place for it. Cheap flights my eye. I have flown a lot and by experience you’ll end up paying more (in the form of hotel accommodation when they leave you stranded) I can’t stand the sight of their cheap plastic seats any more. Never again Ruinair.

February 23, 2010 at 6:00 pm
(39) Tom says:

I recently booked a flight and throughout the whole process was offered one price. Once I had put in my bank details, and had therefore in effect paid, I was then charged a higher price. At no stage was I informed about a higher price. I know this to be illegal.

March 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm
(40) same situation says:

hey comment #10 and #28.. What happened? I have the same situation.. shit.

April 21, 2010 at 2:39 pm
(41) Shirl says:

We had a flight booked for Friday 23rd April, Ryan Air cancelled the flight on the 20th said we could get our money back for the outgoing flight only, unless we changed the flight which we were not allowed to do on line as we had checked in on line, tried several times with no success to speak to someone, just held us in a queue and then we got the engaged tone, cost a fortune. Tried to ring the complaint line, it was shut and then they took the number off the website. Shocking Service. I am def gonna complain to the OFT.. This is not fair!!

June 4, 2010 at 5:27 am
(42) Kat says:

A friend of mine had a burglary the morning of when she was due to fly with Ryanair. The thieves stole her passport but left her driving license which was a later version with a photo id on it. She phoned Ryan Air and said what could she do and they said they didn’t accept a photo id driving license and wouldn’t help her fly with them without a valid passport. They were rude and so uncooperative and she was in tears as she had a big family wedding to get to the next day in Ireland. She ended up getting a more expensive flight with an airline that were sympathetic. Ryan Air is truly grotesque in many, many ways. Being cheap doesn’t justify poor customer service. They should be ashamed of themselves. What a horrible airline and the people who work for them.

June 14, 2010 at 9:35 am
(43) Rob says:

Ryanair are a joke. There website is often faulty meaning I cant book the flights offered. When the problem is solved a day or two later, i then have to pay more for that same flight. Who suffers from their incompetency? I do. By offering a dismal service they get MORE money from the customer. I am forced to use them a lot and I know the problem is by no means a one off. Is it intentional on ryanairs part? I dont know. Are they the world worst company? Most definately. DEFINATVT!

June 17, 2010 at 5:16 am
(44) Rosie says:

My bank has just informed me that I have an extra charge on my credit card. I did book flights but this is about the same cost again and I cant get hold of anyone who is willing to help me. I am based in New Zealand and calling costs a lot so I am basically out of options. This is terrible!

July 13, 2010 at 10:50 am
(45) Dave Griffiths says:

I am still trying to get a refund from my cancelled flights (ash cloud) which were 17th & 22nd of April.

2 letters 3 phone calls, absolutely no reponse.

Just a bunch of crooks.

It took me ages to save the money for those flights and I can assure you i need it more than they do.

July 24, 2010 at 7:55 am
(46) Sam Gould says:

I will never fly Ryan Air again until an extra charge of 150.00 to my card is refunded, which is unlikely knowing their poor customer service record.

We checked in online and my wife, used her married name (however her maiden name was on the passport), due to the printout being unclear we had to re-checkin at their desk at Bristol Airport, we were asked about the different surname then and they said “oh thats fine not a problem, your passport number is the same as the booking!”

Then after security etc. we were BOARDING the plane and they refused us boarding unless we paid 150.00 GBP to change her surname on the ticket. We could either pay for another ticket for the next flight at 133.00 GBP each (meaning we would miss our connections as well) and get NO refund for this flight.

What annoyed me the most was that had we’d been told this at check-in we would have been able to have enough time to get our marriage certificate meaning we would not have been robbed this money.

July 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm
(47) Tom says:

Answer to the comment above:
Filling the field with the Name and ID No you can clearly see that it says: name on your bording card must be exactly the same as the surname in your passport! You have booked ticket with your wifes different surname SO I CAN’T SEE ANY RYANAIR FAULT – I would charge you 150 GBP for changing your name on the boarding card.
In the future PLEASE read T&C and think what the website says when buying the ticket.
It really doesn’t hurt but makes a BIG difference!

August 29, 2010 at 7:28 am
(48) Juan says:

The worst airline to date. Plane absolutely filthy, knee space non existence. Professionalism of staff – unknown, cheap fares – rubbish. There is unfortunately nothing good to say about this airline. Either get your act right or perish in this climate financial uncertainty. I cannot think of any other airline that is more despised by the general public – boo, sink go bankrupt. All my friends now advised and will never bool flight with ryanair as long as we live. Shame on you guys you take pleasure in peoples travelling hardships. Pretty soon you’ll all be out of a job and I’ll relish the moment – goodby and good ridance.

September 9, 2010 at 6:07 am
(49) Lee Robertson says:

flew with my family from Bristol to Reus on Ryan Air.
We paid extra on our flights for a 15kg bag. We checked the weight on our bathroom scales.
At the check in I was told “you are a little overweight by 3 kilos, would you like to remove part of your luggage here or pay the excess?”
I could not see the scales, the line behind was getting agitated- I said I would pay the excess.
The check in attendant then checked in my bag, sent it through and gave me a ticket to go to the service air desk. “I have your boarding pass, I will give it to you on receipt of your payment from the servisair desk”
How much is it I asked?
“next” she said -the desk was very busy and many people were trying to get their luggage checked in as many flights were about to close.
I went to the servisair desk after asking if my wife had put an extra pair of shoes in or a book that would have put us overweight, she had not.
At the servis air desk I was told the excess charge would be £60! more than paying for two extra bags of luggage.
Because my bag had already gone through I would miss the flight if I did not pay the excess and get my bag back.
The next flight to Reus was four days later.
I payed the charge and fumed throughout the journey.
On arrival I went to Reus airport check in and had my bag weighed it was 15kg exactly.
I believe that this amounts to fraud, misconduct and should be investigated.

September 10, 2010 at 8:36 am
(50) Radiogal says:

Have booked a holiday for 4 people through a travel agent, 2 of which are doing checked baggage and have been named. The confirmation e-mail from the travel agent is correct. However, when I go to do online checkin, ryanair have the incorrect names and insist that there is nothing that they can do to change it. We cannot turn up to the airport and checkin someone the incorrect baggage, that is not on their system. What I am supposed to do? They refuse to take responsibility for this.

October 21, 2010 at 4:57 am
(51) neil kelly says:

i was on a flight back from barcelona on tuesday night and i withnessed one of your stalf having words with a member of the public. To everyone present and in line 2 get on the flight it was obvious that the customer was being bullied by the stuartess, when i brought this to the stuartess attention i was told to mind my own busness and get on the flight.
Many different familys tried to stop this bully but everyone was told the same, i am discussed and appauled that yous would employ a charactor like this as it only leads to negitave feeling aboard the plan, as its was topic of conversation all the way home with all different nationalitys.
I am full aware that this is a new destioantion for yous to fly into but i feel that the standards have hit a very low point. This customer was not allowed board the plane because of this member of stalf and i fint this very very insulting when everyone present gave the same solution to rectify the solution.
Please can you inform me how to take this a step further, because as an employer myself i would like to see carachters like this not dealing with the general public as they dont have the ability or personality to do so.

December 13, 2010 at 4:00 pm
(52) Anna says:

Terrible service, they employ very rude ppl… I am VERY VERY disappointed…

January 18, 2011 at 8:20 am
(53) melanie henderson says:

i have flown with ryanair twice 1st time no problem , the 2nd i couldn’t print off my tickets on the online link !!!!!!!.so when i got to the airport at 4am with 4 kids i was told i would have to pay an extra £240.00 to get my tickets printed off ,£240 is alot of money ,i paid it ,i contacted who i had booked my holiday with they then tried to open the link with no success ,with alot of phone calls managed to get my tickets for home if not i would have to of paid £240 again.i have since tried with no success to get ryanair to sort this out ,they are ignorant and i get nowhere .they are quick enough to take peoples money but wont give money back.i have since seen it in a paper about them being taken to court and the couple won case and ryanair have to give them the money back .ryanair should be called thief air airlines i go on holiday twice a year with my kids but i can assure you i wont be flying with them again il will not rest until i get satisfaction in this case.and may i say there staff that you do get through to on the phone are extremly rude.

January 20, 2011 at 1:10 am
(54) gill says:

i was given a £50 ryanair gift voucher. my daughter put her christian name in recipient box instead of mine. tried to redeem G V, couldnt. Phoned customer services.. not possible to change a name. Asked for a superviser. Waited anoyher 20 mins. Just left hanging on. Phoned again.. cant change name, phone back tmw. Phoned back.. cant change name, read T & C of purchase. Had done that, it says name changes cannot be made after a RESERVATION has been made. Havnt made a reservation! Says gift voucher must be used as the lead passenger. DOES NOT say name cannot be made at that point. Surely this is not legal? Person on phone said buyer should just use it herself. You also have to pay £5 for the plasure of printing off your own voucher! anyone else had this problem?

February 6, 2011 at 12:50 pm
(55) maria says:

after we been queue up nearly 3hours for checked in the person who did forgot 2missing boarding pass then we lose the flight me my sister plus our 5 kids is the the worse
experience we could ever had with ryanair line very very bad .

we lose almost in 900 pounds in tickets and boarding pass witch did cost the some as tickets.

February 27, 2011 at 6:14 am
(56) Paul says:

Well where do i begin!!!!

I flew back from Frankfurt with ryanair and the flight was ok but my main problem is my baggage and how it was handled. I had a snowboard bag with me which I had to pay 40.00 EUR to put on the plane and when it came out the other side it had a massive rip down the side of the bag! I went to the damaged bag desk they gave me a reciept and said to email the complaint, done all this and they excepted it but emailed me back saying they would help but minus depreciation and if i had no reciepts even less compensation! joke its a snowboard bag that gets used once a year how can it depriciate!!! The next task was to fax them all the details and pictures to the number they gave me which is the same on there web page and guess what….yeah the number doesn’t exsist what a suprise!!!
so if anyone has a number that i can call to complain that would be great as i am now very pissed off with ryanair and would never use them again!

March 7, 2011 at 3:20 am
(57) John says:

AVOID Ryanair Gift Vouchers! They are a con. We got one which didn’t have my girlfriend’s middle name so we can’t use it (the website just rejects it as unusable). Ryanair cannot be contacted. Absolute waste of €50.

April 20, 2011 at 6:24 pm
(58) R Armitstead-Binns says:

I have more than a little knowledge of flying.Came into Liverpool Sunday, Pilot came in too fast , could easily damaged the undercarriage.
I was sat third row from back right aisle seat.The guy next to me in the middle actually was bumped out of his seat.Several people screamed at the shock as the back wheels hit the tarmac.Then surprise surprise, couldn’t get back stairs on for exit.
I don’t mind priority passengers that’s fine, but when priority passengers x2 come late air stewardess drops drinks table on three seats at back as reserve.If can’t make it on time should be no concession.
18 month toddler allowed to wonder the length of plane while on descent from 37000.You don’t have to be a genius to work out what would happen to the toddler if there was a loss of cabin pressure.

A year or two back I arrived in Norway to find the pilot had
used every inch of runway, basically another inch and we’d be on the turf. .As he was braking and applying reverse thrust plane weaved left and right.
Now I know what’s going on does everyone else.

April 27, 2011 at 12:54 pm
(59) Tomasz says:

I had a flight today morning from Liverpool Airport to Lodz (Thu, 21/April/2011 Flight 4252 Depart LPL at 0725 and arrive LCJ at 1110).

In the plane when everyone was being seated a member of the cabin crew named “Jayne” opened a box above my head and pulled out my luggage.
She asked it the luggage is mine. I said yes and she told me to keep it on my knees. (I am not the smallest person 186cm tall, 105kg and my luggage is a standard Ryanair size.)

I asked, excuse me but why do I have to keep it on my knees and elbows on the top of it for 2,5 hours???

- Jayne shouted at me: BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! and she put someone’s luggage instead of mine.

I said excuse me but I disagree. Why are you putting someone’s luggage (the same standard size) and make my flight extremely uncomfortable?

- Jayne again reply very loudly and rude: BECAUSE YOU AGREED FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS !!!!!!! and had gone.

People who were seated around looked at me with confusion. After a while I stood up and managed to fit my luggage to the next box without any problems. What’s more there was a space in few others. (Jayne did not take any afford to even check any luggage boxes)

I felt humiliated and I can’t imagine that any customer facing stuff is allowed to behave like that. Still don’t understand why my luggage was less important than someone else? On the top of that I am convinced that it is NOT allowed to keep luggage on your knees especially during a take off or landing.

April 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm
(60) danny powell says:

We were booked to fly Ryanair to Italy but due to illness couldn’t go. Our insurers demanded a cancellation certificate from Ryanair but when I contacted Ryanair they refused to talk to me because my home address and email were “wrong”. I have lived at this address for 28 years and have only had one email address in my life that for 8 years. Ryanair’s records are clearly wrong but they tell me I am wrong. Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution?

May 5, 2011 at 11:44 am
(61) sharon says:

I bought a flight from these jokers for 249.99,, i wanted to cancel but was told i couldnt,, i could only change the flight;;The new flight was priced at 49.99 total.. on their home page BUT when i went into manage my booking the flight escalated to 312.32,
SO FRUSTRATING

May 8, 2011 at 10:15 am
(62) iseult says:

how long could it take for your itinerary email to go through?
My booking has been confirmed but no email, i also availed of their text confirmation and that went through but nothing else?
Don’t want to waste a fortune ringing them. Any ideas?

May 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm
(63) massi says:

Hi,

Just flew with Ryan air … they wanted a special print out of their tickets that I didn’t have but I had the typical print out that I travel across the globe with… so we had to pay 120+ euros for a piece of paper… then just the wheels of our luggage didn’t fit the fitting carousel so we had to pay an extra 40 euros to check in our carry on… the company is horrible …. I am an avid traveler but honestly the company is a pure rip off!

And on top of the painful paying the people who work there are soooooooooo rude!!! The woman was grimacing at me for having to pay the 120 euros and when I asked her do you get satisfaction out of this she answered boldly YES!!!

Massi

May 19, 2011 at 3:26 pm
(64) Abi says:

Thought I’d booked a flight, no email confirmation and couldn’t find me when trying to check in online. Last minute panic rebooked another flight at higher cost – they have now charged me for both.

Saying all tickets are non refundable!

May 21, 2011 at 6:13 am
(65) fin says:

ok so i booked a holiday to tenerife for a family of 6, 2 adults, 2 children and 2 infants, i was charged 40 each for all of the children including the infants. I got to the final stage of booking paid all the usual extra charges for web check in e.t.c. When i recieved my flight information i discovered i was charged again for the infants, it says ****80 EURO passenger fee: infant. why have i been charged an extra 80 euro for the infants.

May 30, 2011 at 9:58 am
(66) Dave says:

Part1
Took your advice and have just sent this to the UK OFT :

Hello

I’d like to complain about just how difficult and expensive it is to communicate with Ryanair when something goes wrong that is their fault. There follows an ongoing example :-

We booked a trip Alicanté to Gatwick and return. Changes in travel plans of family members we are meeting means it is far more convenient to fly Alicanté to Stanstead and return. Although we knew that to change flights was not going to be cheap we thought that we’d do it anyway.

Went in the web site, on 20th. May 2011, via “Manage Bookings”, “Change Flight”. Got a fair way through the change procedure when the site crashed as being unable to redirect to the next page. Thinking that this might be a Firefox problem we tried IE8 still the same; tried both browsers on another computer (still on my home network) – still the same. Faxed Ryanair customer support saying that I thought that they had a problem with the web site – no reply no fix. Next day tried an Internet Café – same result. Faxed again using very large font – no reply no fix.
Found an email address for a Ryanair web contact on the Ryanair Campaign web site and emailed him – no reply no fix.

There may just be a clue just how seriously Ryanair take their web site – one of the two buttons on the page that causes the crash is labelled “NEVER MIND”!!!!

OK so we’d still like to change the flights, and as I had to take my wife to Alicanté yesterday (29th. May) to get a flight to Bristol I thought that, to at least save the premium phone call charges that Ryanair levy I’d do the ticket change at the airport even though we’d now have to pay a 40€ per passenger per sector charge rather than the 25€ that it costs if the change is made via the web site. Not possible, Ryanair has only handling agents at Alicanté who can’t issue tickets (just about every other airline that uses Alicanté appears to have a sales desk).

May 30, 2011 at 9:59 am
(67) Dave says:

Part 2

The only alternative open to us at this juncture is to pay the 40€ per passenger per sector charge plus a minute by minute phone call charge. Surely this means that it is very much in Ryanair’s interest to have a web site that does not allow this sort of transaction to be completed and maybe it is why we get no answer to our complaints.

It really does require some sort regulatory body such as yourselves to sort this outfit out. There are a number of web forums where customers complain bitterly about their experiences with this airline, their frustrations with communicating with the company and its response to their complaints. It just isn’t good enough. The Spanish and German courts are starting to stand up to this company’s unreasonable practices, and, as still its largest and most important market, isn’t time that the UK did the same? I believe for instance that EU law requires it to give out an email address if most of its business is conducted over the web – why is that not enforced?

Regards
David

May 31, 2011 at 5:12 pm
(68) Eli says:

Having flown to Dublin in March and recieving poor customer service and a charge to check my hand luggage in-that was hand luggage size and in fact smaller than other hand luggage,and not charged for on outward journey, i sent a letter to complain of our experience. In asking for my money for the baggae charge they were very rude to myself and my boyfriend-who was in fact holding the money they wanted, but would not let him back though to me. In reposnse to my letter i recieved a standard computer generated email-not personalised to my specific complaint-this was sent to the lead person who booked the flights, and not to me, even though my contact information was on my letter. I sent a follow up letter explaining my disgust at the reponse i had, to which i have still had no reply. Today i have sent my 3rd letter-faxed and recorded delivery so they cannot claim not recieving it. In this letter is there last chance to acknowledge my complaint and reply with a satisfactory letter otherwise i have threatened to contact the media and trading standards! I believe that they have a quota for how much luggage they need to get checked in, and being the 1st few to board i feel i was stumped for this charge. I realise the chances of a refund are nil however to recieve a personalised reply and apology for the poor customer service is not too much to ask, is it?!?!

June 10, 2011 at 1:04 pm
(69) Claudio says:

Just traveled with Ryanair from Lanzarote on 7th June 2011. We had no problems going out but on the return journey, flight number FR8289 we were told just as we were about to board the plane that 2 of our 4 hand luggage bags were too big (over 55x40x20cm) which they were not and they were under 10 KG.
These cases had exactly the same inside as the outward journey. On the way through to the departure lounge our cases had been checked by 2 airport staff and told they were ok. However at the last check just before boarding they said they were too big to go in the test rack, a few minutes early an airport staff lady had checked the size with a Ryanair test box that fitted over the top. The staff would not let us take anything out and move to one of our smaller bags. We were put under a lot of pressure, told to hurry and ordered to pay £40.00 each for two bags.
By the time we had paid the plane was almost full so the extra money we had paid for priority boarding was wasted.
They only do it to rip us all off, when is someone going to do something about it ?

June 22, 2011 at 11:44 am
(70) TYBLONDE says:

Faxed a complaint on 9 May about the sandwiches on a recent trip to Spain. No reply, so faxed, again on 9 June, 15th June and emailed. Got a reply email saying “cannot complain here” No idea what to do next, £12.40 for two frozen soggy sandwiches and two coffees, disgusting. They should be taken to task by Trading STandards. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9raZoEZZKmY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BcS9e2nZJE

June 29, 2011 at 5:28 am
(71) peter says:

Booked to Ireland ex BHX.
Hand luggage only.
Said 10 kgs
Bought standard on board flight bag.
At airport told 7kg
Hand luggage too big.
£24 extra EACH WAY

Reason given they used a ‘regional airline’
Huh?
Why do they not just put the prices up and tell the truth and avoid the BS??
I have contacted OFT but they are toothless so what can I do?

I do nto mind paying a fair price but this is senaky to the point of fraud.
I still cannot find anything about this clause whilst making a dummy booking again to have a looky see.

July 20, 2011 at 3:07 pm
(72) Michelle says:

Ryanair are scum of the earth unluckily for me I have no choice but to fly with them as I cannot afford a new flight and seen as though these chimps are so useless in refunding I am disgraced. I booked a flight which I thought was a return turns out it was one way when I phoned asking for help I got a rude woman on the phone who basically said it wasn’t her problem then the line went dead useless TWATS!!!! Oh and their cabin crew are nothing but inbred hillbillies

August 16, 2011 at 6:44 am
(73) Richard says:

I wanted to take my bicycle to Denmark – I had to pay £40 for the privilege, but knew this as I’d taken a bike before.
Once I got to the airport they told me I had to take the pedals off – I explained I had no tools to do this, but they said Ryanair would not take it otherwise.
I said I had taken a bike before and didn’t have to do this – the guy at the airport openly confessed that Ryanair ‘change their rules all the time.’
I checked on-line later; surprise surprise – nothing in the small print about it. Didn’t get bike – they stole my £40 – thieves!

It’s funny, one bag was a kilo too much. A Ryanair employee told me to put a kilo of stuff from one bag into another. When I said, ‘Does it matter, both bags are going on the plane?’ She scrunched up her face and fell into deep thought. After a while and much brain exercise, she said, ‘I guess not’. Another college reject told me I couldn’t hold my camera – it had to go in my bag, as it counted as a separate bag (a camera a bag?) – I put it into my carry-on. Again, it was all going onto the plane anyway.

Why do they have to make things difficult? Why can’t the customer be right again?

August 23, 2011 at 8:48 am
(74) Lilly says:

Last month I flew from Bristol to reus I took a pushchair which I didn’t have to pay for and two car seats I paid £40 for. All 3 items came of damaged, my toddlers car seat was cracked along the bottom, my 3 months old babies car seat had deep scratches all over it and was missing the inside padding, my pushchair I’d used once had a chunk taken out of the foam handle the brake was broken and marks all over it. I can understand marks but the damaged that was caused meant complete neglect for my property which I put in there hands. I came home and wrote a letter and 3 weeks later still have no reply. I phoned up got a very rude response and told if I wasn’t happy with the service then to fly with a different airline . I can’t believe the cheek of it. The worst thing is I’ve got to fly again with them in 2 days :( sorry for rambling on they just do my head in.

August 28, 2011 at 9:41 am
(75) Sarah says:

I flew from Valencia to Stansted yesterday and was shocked and upset but the 40 euro charge for me to print my boarding pass – I have never experienced this with any other airline and had never heard of this before – it is not on the email they sent me or on the online check in page in any obvious place.

Then I have found a judge ruled this illegal in spain recently – has anyone had success getting their money back? It is truly outrageous. Never flying with them again.

October 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm
(76) Danielle says:

I recently purchased a return flight from Leeds to Barcelona, and upon paying with my debit card, the amount stated (after all of the additional taxes and fees were added) was £43.28. The e-mail confirmation I received also stated this amount. However, upon checking my online bank account, I realised Ryanair has charged me more than £10 this amount.

I have sent them two e-mails complaining about this situation, but they have only sent me an e-mail confirming my itinerary.

I’m unsure now how I go about resolving this situation?
Thank you!

October 25, 2011 at 5:27 pm
(77) Joe O'Neill says:

Taking them the whole hog! blatant racism witnessed today 25/10/2011 at Alicante Airport not just to my girlfriend but to another female passenger who just happened to be non-white (seems that pigmentation costs you an extra £40 to check your bag into the hold when all the others with BIGGER luggage go scot free. No pun intended being a pasty 6 foot 1 Glaswegian with a shaved head). My bag was BIGGER than hers and the “tried” to move me on when I stood my ground with her. Anyone else had this experience??

Our man at Alicante backed the wrong horse today!

November 13, 2011 at 7:16 am
(78) Martin says:

Was trying to book a flight to London about 5 times yesterday evening with two different VISA cards and it always failed with a JavaScript error saying “An error has occurred. Please try again later” after the form was submitted.

Since most of the fields got cleared and the Total reset to zero, I had to go all the way through the booking process again and again. So frustrating.

Today I found out (my friend told me) the issue was the Area/City code in the Mobile number field. I was always leaving it blank since we don’t have Area/City codes here. There were no “Mandatory field” errors or anything like that.

Now I have to book a more expensive flight since the one with no taxes isn’t there anymore. Great website coding job!

November 26, 2011 at 5:38 pm
(79) BOGDAN MATYGA says:

My girlfriend travelled from Poland to london stanstead on 18th November 2011, with one baggage, upon leaving for Poland on 22nd november 2011 she was approached by a very rude woman at the security point who weighed the backage which was over by 2 kilos, my girlfriend emptied the extra weight and disposed of the items, she doesn’t speak much english so was clearly upset with the whole situation, she proceeded to the check in desk where she had to put her baggage into the metal cage to confirm that the dimensions were as per the cabin regulations only to be told that she had to pay £40 or she would not be allowed to fly, distraught and clearly shaken my girlfriend paid the £40 and she was told that her baggage would be put in the hold but she was allowed to carry it onto the plane, does ths make sense to you? Not only was she humiliated by the staff at Ryan Air and told to discard her personal items, but then in addition told to pay £40, for what? This is where the line has to be drawn, my girlfriend was clearly distressed and have vowed never to use Ryan Air again, to add insult to this outrageous behaviour when I called customer services they told me to send a fax to them. Ryan Air is the worst company for flying and I am spreading the word to everyone not to fly with them.

November 28, 2011 at 5:05 am
(80) angry_passanger says:

Short story:

-made reservations 4 weeks ago (Milano-Gran Canaria) and paid 191€ for tickets
-got injured (damaged knee ligaments – unable to walk, let alone drive a car)
-Ryanair said this is not “serious illness” – and I’m not able to get refund
-tried to change 2 tickets (worth 191€) for 1 ticket (worth 200€) – they said not possible ?!

Is there anything I can do?

November 29, 2011 at 11:30 am
(81) Mo Ela says:

Yeah, I got ripped off too. I made a complaint at the OFT. I ahd a double booking, but they kept saying it’s another dude with the same name (what a joke! ). I said I allready checked in but I have one left, I want that to get refunded (it’s in their policies). So she (the woman with no logic brains) said “no can do”. And there I have wasted another 5 euro for this 1euro/minute call. What a wasteline.

January 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm
(82) jenah says:

the raynair are really in human there was flight from sweden to london normally you can seat anywhere you like i saw a guy wanted to sit in a front amd crew was rude he said to him sit in back the guy went to sit back and passenger complained that you need speak properly to people 10 minutes later police called with no reseaon the guy was sent ,shocking

March 6, 2012 at 7:09 am
(83) pauline says:

noone should ever use ryanair…..poor customer service…poor flight attendants….poor help…

March 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(84) Kate says:

My sister and I travelled London–Barcelona–Rome between 6-10th March by Ryanair. Our journey from London to Barcelona was satisfactory. Unfortunately, we encountered a rude and obnoxious officer who was on duty on 8th March while waiting for our flight to Rome at the Barcelona airport. He rudely demanded a fine of 50 Euros with the reason that our cabin baggage was oversized. Note that we did not encounter any problems for the rest of the journey i.e. from London to Barcelona, and from Rome back to London. And the luggage was previously used for many times when travelling by Ryanair.

We politely informed him that we had been allowed to take our baggage onboard for the London-Barcelona leg of the journey without any issues. We then proceeded to question him on the fine and requested his name and ID number. What followed next left us in complete shock and ruined what had so far been a wonderful holiday – the officer verbally abused us and threatened to make us miss our flight unless we coughed up the 50 Euros in cash. He also refused to disclose his name and insisted that the FR number on the receipt was his ID number. His behaviour was appalling, bordering on violent as he threatened to detain us at the gate. For the sake of catching our flight, we paid the fine even though we found his request for cash to be highly suspect

April 3, 2012 at 10:39 am
(85) Mark says:

WARNING – Extemely rude staff at the Ryan Air customer support area at Stansted Airport, UK. They forget, WE are the clients.
The experience made me feel sick. Not to mention the 60 pounds fine for not printing out your boarding pass. Can you say ridiculous? I hope their business crashes and burns into ash.

May 4, 2012 at 7:43 am
(86) Via Carzeto says:

I wonder why the UK government continues to allow such an airline like Ryanair to do business in this Country because they have flaunted all rules and playing a big scam business robbing people off their hard earned cash. I wonder if Ryanair is bigger than the law and another Murdoch NoW empire???

July 10, 2012 at 11:54 am
(87) Conny says:

By what I have been reading, it seems to me that they are used to making fun of people and are very rude. I don´t understand why their is no one to put some order in this company. They treat us and our money like shit. I will definetly not travel with them again.

July 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm
(88) alan says:

Ryanair have created a selfish culture. I have seen it in Liverpool when boarding, the masses are all out for themselves and do not care about anyone else when boarding, it is embarrasing to witness.
Yesterday I was boarding in Milan to fly to Manchester. I left the queue to sit down since I had been earlier involved in a road accident and had severe pain in my back. I later rejoined the queue asking the “lady” behind if she was ok about me rejoining. She did not initially reply but I heard comments about “strange fish” then more comments from behind that I needed to rejoin at the back of the queue!!! the aggression in those queuing was tangible. Where has common courtesy gone? I boarded the bus and luckily found that last in was first out….Ryanair boarding policy is flawed…they do not have a clue about customer satisfaction and fall far short of Easyjet in this area.Take note Ryanair before you lose business to Easyjet !!!!!

August 2, 2012 at 5:03 am
(89) nike air max 1 says:

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn¡¯t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you¡¯ll definitely discover it.

August 7, 2012 at 6:00 am
(90) Justine Hobbs says:

I will never get on a Ryanair flight again. On the way there I could not sit with my children as they do not allocate seats, even tho there were three empty reserved seats in front of me. On the way back I could not print off boarding passes, so call the high rate number they provide to be told it would be fine and they would do it at the airport. When I arrived at the airport they charged 60 Euros per person for four pieces of paper- Rip off – Never again!!

August 11, 2012 at 10:07 am
(91) Mansour says:

RYNAIR is very very very bad compagny, if you take it you will have necessary a bad experience like I had.

I bought one round trip ticket with Rynair, however because the rynair airplane was delayed and i had an other connexion, i decided to change my airplane and to take an other trip other than Rynair (because they don’t respect timing), so big big queue, I asked for reimbursement but they refused although they admitted their delay.
They stole my money, NEVER FOR EVER I will get on Rynair Flight,

Hicham

September 6, 2012 at 10:32 am
(92) alan says:

How could the UK government allows such a Mafia companies like Ryanair to do business in this Country because they have flaunted all rules and playing a big scam business robbing people off their hard earned cash. I wonder if Ryanair is bigger than the law and another ???
last month we had to pay £100 for two identical pieces of luggage because they were 1 inch higer than the crousel they used to check hand luggage. we told the Brainless staff at the gate thatwe have used the same luggage on different Raynar and easyjet without problem but they would not listen. I think one of the requirement to work fo this company is to be the biggest brainless Idiot. Never fly with Raynair Mafia.

Alan

September 7, 2012 at 4:14 am
(93) joan says:

2 days ago we booked two flights with Ryanair using our gift vouchers, whilst we do have a booking reference, it does state that this is not confirmed until we receive an e-mail conformation from them ., normally we receive conformation within a few hours when using a credit card, could the reason be that we used prepayed gift vouchers.
Has anyone had the same experience.

September 20, 2012 at 8:58 am
(94) Spescha says:

This is definitely THE WORST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD

I’ll never book any flight operated by Ryanair

Ryanair has a terrible service, steal their customers money and have no idea about the business in which they are active

The only advise for Ryanair would be, Ground your fleet and stop it

September 24, 2012 at 9:01 am
(95) mr matthews says:

ryan airways are thoughtless and try to get money for nothing……example my son daughterinlaw and grandaughter had there passports stolen at there hotel…..it was reported to the police, a letter was given to produce at desk ,guess what, they would not let thm on plane, …………thed very little money, but was refused…….they had there names on the boarding list but was awaste of time talking…………probably got acustomer ready to buy a cheap ticket……………whatever has happend to the care in this country………………..how bad are the wheelbarrow airlines going to get…..iam appauled they are allowed to get away with it………..signed a dissapointed father

September 24, 2012 at 9:08 am
(96) wes says:

crap airline supprized they are allowed to trade

October 5, 2012 at 10:30 am
(97) Beate Amodeo says:

I returned last night (04 October 2012) from a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Verona. I will do my best not to fly with them anymore. This airline has some of the rudest,
unpolite and sarcastic crue, I have ever seen. I was travelling with my daughters and a croatian friend. At the airport in Dublin you don’t have to go through lots of check ups like in Verona, so my friend thought they would do her non Eu passport check right there before boarding. Well they sent her all the way back in a very nasty way. Our flight was at 16.15, the gate closure was at 15.55, but they opened the gate at 15.40. So we only had 15 mins. to board. Besides almost yelling and pushing people around like cattle before ending into a slaughterhouse, they really try to rip you off with this oversized hand luggage. Mu daughter didn’t fit her little luggage into one of these checking devices , so I almost got charged 50 Euro . It wasn’t true, the suitcase fitted perfectly. There was one particular girl with very light blonde hair. Well she could work anywhere else, but certainly not with customers!!!! Ryanair just worries about being on time, sooo on time that they have arrived 35 minutes earlier, but my Croatian friend was left behind because she made it to the gate 10 minutes later!!!!!!! They don’t care about us, THE CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

October 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(98) Erlina says:

Ryanair is so funny really! Trying to use a voucher, first it said denied and then I tried again it said it’s already retrieved. What is even more funny is that there’s no way to contact them or atleast to find a number to call. Feels like a game that is far from fun!!
It is like one has to find everything through a “maze”.
Finally when it got through an confirmation mail was not sent-.-

My sister tried to buy a ticket only to find out later that the voucher only can be used once and not as a gift card-.- When trying to find information about the vouchers, how to use it and its conditions, but it only directs me to passengers information or their homepage.

I also suspect calling them will cost a lot more money than it would initially cost-.- Im not a person that curs but this really pisses me off and it’s making me swear like a sailor!

/now a grumpy-mad-ticking person

November 22, 2012 at 4:42 pm
(99) Emmanuelle says:

Am a current customer of ryanair and I am really tired to buy tickets and see a few days after that they are cheaper ! It really pisses me off. Since 4 years now, I feel like am loosing a lot of money between this changing prices and the flights that sometimes I cannot take and cannot have the money back on it !

This is just ROBBERY !

January 1, 2013 at 8:44 am
(100) Adrian says:

What a load of whiners on here.

Generally their staff on the flights are hard working young folks and never rude in my experience.

I have flown with them +500 times with really no issues

January 14, 2013 at 6:11 pm
(101) leigh pierce says:

Ryan Air are almost Criminal in there contempt for people read my letter.

23.11.2012
“Customer services
Ryanair Ltd.
Registered Office:
Ryanair Corporate Head Office
Dublin Airport
Co. Dublin
Ireland
Registered in Ireland No. 104547

Dear Sir/Madam

On Wed, 10th Oct 2012 I booked a flight with Ryan Air (Reference above).
Unfortunately at the time when I booked the flight I was not aware that you had
a policy of only accepting a Passport as proof of I.D for a U.K internal
flight. I have since checked with appropriate agencies and have been informed
that it is not a Law to require a passport as Proof of I.D.

I phone your customer service agent a few days before the flight was due
to leave when I found out about your policy. I requested a refund as I said I do
not have a passport I only a U.K issued Driving License as I.D. She refused me
a refund.

Now basically from my point of view I acted properly. I made a small
error in not reading your terms but I made an effort to seek a refund with
yourselves a whole two days before the flight was due to depart, and yet you
still refused me a refund.

I feel I have been unfairly treated by Ryan air and that I deserve a
refund. I will pursue this further if you ignore me. I will contact consumer
watch dogs to inform them of your treated of me if I do not get an appropriate
reply. Please advise…

Regards

Leigh Pierce”

February 20, 2013 at 5:18 am
(102) David Ware says:

Booked flight to Carcassonne with Ryanair. Noticed in email confirmation that surname of my partner had been changed to my surname – they are different. Accessed “Manage my Booking” to make the name change – just six letters to change. Fee charged was £110 – £7.00 more expensive than booking another seat. Absolutely incredible but unable to complain immediately and will do so at Ryanair desk in Stanstead but don’t think I will get anywhere or be offered. Are Ryanair allowed to levy this kind of charge?

February 20, 2013 at 1:09 pm
(103) coletteg says:

Just been conned out of £120 for immediate flight time change. When choosing the flight options and scrolling down to pay options BEWARE…..when you choose pay by credit card the chosen flights are ammended back to the previous setting resulting in wrong flights being booked. NOW WHY WOULD THEIR WEBSITE BE DESIGNED TO DO THIS ?????? Absolute scammers, and disgusting customer service.

February 21, 2013 at 9:28 am
(104) coletteg says:

Update. Since my complaint to ryanair about their website design , suprise…their website now does not automatically amend your flights when pressing the credit card option??No admission of any wrong doing on their part or refund though.

June 5, 2013 at 4:06 am
(105) Debra Jenson says:

Ryanair’s Contact Form will not let you proceed beyond entering your comments. They do not let you successfully enter the characters displayed to eleminate computer generated responses. Everytime you submit the response required, you are just given a new set of characters to enter on a continuous loop (I went through it 6 times before I quit.) Obviously they do not want to hear from customers.

I wanted to contact them regarding the exchange rate they are charging me. They set the exchange rate they wanted rather than just putting through charges in the original currency. I booked my flight in Euros and should have been charged in Euros but instead they set an exchange rate more than 5 cents higher than my bank gives me so that they could make more money.

June 6, 2013 at 2:09 pm
(106) peter baker says:

We arrived at Stanstead about three hours before check in. We had one carry on bag between us. We had no further luggage because we had visited london oinly to go to the theatre for my wifes birthday.We arrived at the Ryanair check in and went to the last desk on the left that was marked BAG DROP. We were dealt with by a very pleasant Asian gentleman who weighed the case and confirmed that it was 7 kilos. He asked us to put it in the size box and thereafter confirmed that it was OK and we should go upstairs to check in because our bag was considered cabin baggage.When we went to board the flight a check in lady who appeared to have an attitude problem (photo enclosed) told us the bag was too big and would have to go in the hold. at a cost of £60. I then put the bag in the size box and as you can see( photo enclosed) it fully entered. The lady remained obtrusive and I asked her if I could refer the matter to a supervisor of duty officer. We waited but no one appeared. I suggested to my wife that she should fly alone without baggage because I had organised a bithday party at our villa for that evening.. We were then informed that the flight was now closed and they would not allow her to board.This is almost inhuman behavior. I am today advising my credit card company to devolute your payment for the flights. My wife managed to get a flight home with easyjet from Stanstead that evening with the aforementioned hand baggage on board at no cost. We had flown to London the day before with Monarch and the also did not question our hand baggage.I went back to London and caught an easyjet flight back to Malaga the next day after spending a night in a hotel. All the tickets and costs incurred are enclosed herewith. By the way the easy jet flight was £50 cheaper than yours.